Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] fire stick

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
That will be caused by the suppliers server probably overloaded.
Yesterday was awful for streaming. Even Ocpus, Bein etc… Tried clearing cache, restarting, updating etc… Was thinking about buying the best firestick on the market but don’t know if that will work? Any ideas from anyone to improve the service? Ironically I watched on my phone yesterday with a stream as FS unwatchable and it was perfect. Both on the same internet that is about 50/55mps

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
That will be caused by the suppliers server probably overloaded.
Yesterday was awful for streaming. Even Ocpus, Bein etc… Tried clearing cache, restarting, updating etc… Was thinking about buying the best firestick on the market but don’t know if that will work? Any ideas from anyone to improve the service? Ironically I watched on my phone yesterday with a stream as FS unwatchable and it was perfect. Both on the same internet that is about 50/55

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Starting to think my 4 years old firestick (1st gen 4K) could be the reason why everything I watch on it is buffering every 2 minutes or do.
Has anyone else had this issue and found that upgrading helped at all?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Starting to think my 4 years old firestick (1st gen 4K) could be the reason why everything I watch on it is buffering every 2 minutes or do.

I’ve been told these boxes are the way forward:

Especially, as rumoured, Amazon start blocking IPTV services on Firesticks

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Memory on the firestick should be over the 1 gig to stop buffering. The firestick seems ok (1st gen). Pm me for more information

Oct 3, 2023
Fed up with cost of SKY but complete newbie to world of streaming and IPTV. If anyone could PM any details of how to start …fire stick or box etc etc . Thanks everyone

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd like to sort my dad out an affordable way to get IPTV, I am reasonably tech literate and could do some set up myself but there seems to be so many options out there. Would appreciate a PM from someone who has one up and working.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I've been team Gwi for almost 4 years. 90% of the time I get ~10 second buffer every 60-90 seconds watching footie. I did try watching films but after a couple of mins the buffer kicked in and the film goes right back to the beginning.

One of my fire sticks is an older pre 4k and is ethernet hard wired, the other is a 2 year old 4k on WiFi. Never used at the same time.

Both buffer the same. I've tried the routine of clearing the IPTV cache and restarting the stick before use but this makes no difference.

I'm now pretty sure the buffering only happens at peak times. The midweek games are least likely to buffer. Conclusion is the buffering is caused by the servers when too many users are logged in.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I've been team Gwi for almost 4 years. 90% of the time I get ~10 second buffer every 60-90 seconds watching footie. I did try watching films but after a couple of mins the buffer kicked in and the film goes right back to the beginning.

One of my fire sticks is an older pre 4k and is ethernet hard wired, the other is a 2 year old 4k on WiFi. Never used at the same time.

Both buffer the same. I've tried the routine of clearing the IPTV cache and restarting the stick before use but this makes no difference.

I'm now pretty sure the buffering only happens at peak times. The midweek games are least likely to buffer. Conclusion is the buffering is caused by the servers when too many users are logged in.
Try new provider. I was with Gwi about 4 years ago, and then around July most Iptv went down for a few days. Gwi was down for nearly a month and said everyone would get a extension to the sub, I never did, so looked around. Found a much better supplier, and it's not just one guy, it's a team of them so someone is always around for any support. Cost more then Gwi, but worth it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here