Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fire at Manchester Dogs Home - Over 50 dogs dead

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Fixtures, but the other one has gone off-topic because of a troll, so perhaps we should just let it slide.

RIP pups

You sir, are the troll.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why is it ridiculous? Animals are living beings that can suffer and feel pain just like us - but one thing you can guarantee about an animal is that it is always innocent, just like young children.

Some animals are more sentient than others, perhaps the law could make a grading of some sort to define that, but I would be interested to hear an argument why a murder of a dog/dolphin/primate or any other intelligent animal shouldn't be treated by courts as the equivalent of murdering another human being.

Where do you draw the line then? Some of the animals we eat for meat have a reasonable degree of intelligence.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
[MENTION=7631]wellquickwoody[/MENTION] to reply to your post - The actions you describe are just natural behaviours of animals, there is no malice or bad intentions, they are just behaving instinctively, usually for survival. Animals simply lack the levels of self awareness or sapience to commit evil deeds or find pleasure in inflicting suffering upon others, unlike human beings. So animals are almost always innocent in my opinion.

Hijacking the thread a little, foxes will kill every chicken in a coop, regardless, when they don't need to for hunger. If you've ever watched a cat toy with it's catch, bird or mouse, you will see suffering. It's not evil as humans understand evil, but animals can inflict suffering, although you could say that is instinct too.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why is it ridiculous? Animals are living beings that can suffer and feel pain just like us - but one thing you can guarantee about an animal is that it is always innocent, just like young children.

Some animals are more sentient than others, perhaps the law could make a grading of some sort to define that, but I would be interested to hear an argument why a murder of a dog/dolphin/primate or any other intelligent animal shouldn't be treated by courts as the equivalent of murdering another human being.
Absolutely spot in...We're a nation of animal lovers and they bring years of joy and happiness to family's and its made worse when a fantastic animal is abused or killed by a coward human being.That little shit deserves a bloody pasting and 20 years inside for that...Not interested in his state of mind or his age,he better get seriously bloody punished for this.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Horrendous that someone so young can do something like this - needs the book thrown at him in my opinion. Sick individual.
While I have a lot of sympathy for those involved with the Dogs Home, and its upsetting to think what those poor animals went through, I don't think a countrywide candle lighting and minutes silence is required tonight at 7pm.... (as I've seen being shared round Facebook this afternoon....)

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Horrendous that someone so young can do something like this - needs the book thrown at him in my opinion. Sick individual.
While I have a lot of sympathy for those involved with the Dogs Home, and its upsetting to think what those poor animals went through, I don't think a countrywide candle lighting and minutes silence is required tonight at 7pm.... (as I've seen being shared round Facebook this afternoon....)

I've not seen that posted anywhere yet but I'm with you on that, it's tragic but a minute silence? No.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The kid needs to be locked away but also needs some serious counselling..

Counselling? I wouldn't waste any public money on him. Just lock him up and throw away the key. A complete scum-bag.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton

Surely this is a wind up.....

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Why? The issue is more about the intent behind the action. Raising animals for meat is not murder; hunting them for food is not murder. Deliberately setting fire to a locked shed with them in is murder whether they are children, dogs, sheep or foxes.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Well a dog can walk a blind lady around the streets amongst many other things...Can't imagine a pig or cow doing that.
Dogs are very intelligent but that's not the point...Animals need to be protected and stiffer punishment's needs to be dished out.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Well a dog can walk a blind lady around the streets amongst many other things...Can't imagine a pig or cow doing that.
Dogs are very intelligent but that's not the point...Animals need to be protected and stiffer punishment's needs to be dished out.

Why? The issue is more about the intent behind the action. Raising animals for meat is not murder; hunting them for food is not murder. Deliberately setting fire to a locked shed with them in is murder whether they are children, dogs, sheep or foxes.

It was more the "but I would be interested to hear an argument why a murder of a dog/dolphin/primate or any other intelligent animal shouldn't be treated by courts as the equivalent of murdering another human being" part of the thread that I thought was a wind up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here