Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fiorentina v Rangers

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Yes, clearly. For that well known crime of having a different opinion to nsc I suppose. Damn, it's got me again.

its not an opinion though is it, you're just basking through the murky waters for a pointless argument so you can be different and unique...its BEEN DONE on NSC before...stop BORING ME!

Dandyman

In London village.
Kev, it's not three ENGLISH teams is it? It just devalues the competition further when joke countries like Scotland can get teams to the final.

They got there by BEATING other teams. Do you want a bye to the final for whoever meets your Little Englander prejudices?

Dandyman

In London village.
3 shots in 3 1/2 hours of football. If that was a boxing match the ref would have stopped it.

And from the Italians ? Or were they too busy electing fascists?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
3 shots in 3 1/2 hours of football. If that was a boxing match the ref would have stopped it.

But it wasn't you could say the same about united against Barcelona, Rangers don't have as many players of genuine quality as Fiorentina so they made it a battle and they obviously triumphed.

chesterseagull

Mar 1, 2005
Work it out
They seemed content with 0-0 at home, and tonight, well, did they even threaten the Fiorentina goal? Did they ever have more than one man in Fiorentina's box? No, because they haven't the quality of past teams, and if they're the best Scotland has to offer then it's CURRENTLY a joke league.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but you way off the mark....real football fans know that football is not just about attacking but about stout and resolute defending that my friend is what Rangers excel at and given the relative disparity in finances between Italian and Scottish football makes the result (on italian soil) all the more pleasurable!!!
:clap2::clap2:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
No, I'm far from being a "Little Englander." I don't mind Scottish teams if they play the right way. When Celtic got to the UEFA Cup Final a few years back I thought they did really well, and were it not for them coming up against a classy Porto side they would have been worthy winners. What annoys me now is that Rangers, as supposedly Scotland's premier team, have to resort to sitting back for a whole 180 minutes of football, with little or no ambition of actually scoring a goal. They seemed content with 0-0 at home, and tonight, well, did they even threaten the Fiorentina goal? Did they ever have more than one man in Fiorentina's box? No, because they haven't the quality of past teams, and if they're the best Scotland has to offer then it's CURRENTLY a joke league.

It's called playing football. So what if they want to sit back and defend for 90 minutes?

You wouldn't be complaining if Albion sat back for 2 matches to get themselves into their first European final for 3 decades. I know I wouldn't.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Mr Badger, your precious Man Utd got to the CL final by playing defensive football against Barca. Is it ok for them but not for Rangers?

Yes, because they're English:glare::rolleyes:

seagull@stirling

Jan 17, 2006
I seem to remember a certain play off semi away to swindon, one shot one goal.... bet you didn't complain then you f***ing halfwit! Good defending is good football!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here