Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Fiona Bruce. Please let this be the end.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
While watching Question Time is, obviously, unbearable these days, last night's programme where Fiona Bruce all but excused Stanley Johnson breaking his wife's nose and putting her in hospital by saying it was a "one-off" is just about as low as it gets.

For the record, Fiona Bruce is also an ambassador for Refuge.

For now.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Incredibly biased moderator. I stopped watching Question Time after a handful of times seeing her in action
I don't watch QT because I find people arguing but never willing to change their opinion, no matter what is said, probably the biggest waste of time going.....so when I ask this questions it's genuine.

Is this one of those 'biased' where both sides say she is biased? So, she isn't?

Like the BBC. I've seen the BBC be accused of being biased to all parties. I think that's the definition of impartiality.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I've seen the BBC be accused of being biased to all parties. I think that's the definition of impartiality.

I would have agreed with you in the past. The BBC's general bias was only toward the Government of the day, an understandable editorial decision to pay more attention to those in power than to those in opposition. In general the BBC leant slightly to the right/establishment in its news coverage and to the left/anti-establishment in its drama/comedy output. There is now a lot of evidence of a right wing bias. It recieved criticism over its Brexit coverage. It consistently presents commentators from right wing think tanks as 'independent experts'. It gives considerably more air time to conservative MPs than it does to all of the opposition parties put together. It's management has been rammed with supporters of the Conservative Party. It's impartiality is only up for discussion when a football presenter gives his own views entirely separately from his actual job. Conservatives have appointed Conservatives to choose the editorial policies and require the presenters to put forward right wing talking points, whilst interviewing right wing commentators. Seemingly nobody at the organisation seems prepared to raise their head above the parapet for fear of losing their job. All you need to do to see the reality is notice how often the likes of Fraser Nelson or Katy Balls pop up on Newsnight etc. compared to how often thier left leaning equivalents do. Or, as the very rarely invited Ash Sarkar has just put it:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Stopped watching it about a year ago, I couldn't be arsed with politics these days.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Edit: wrong thread.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I would have agreed with you in the past. The BBC's general bias was only toward the Government of the day, an understandable editorial decision to pay more attention to those in power than to those in opposition. In general the BBC leant slightly to the right/establishment in its news coverage and to the left/anti-establishment in its drama/comedy output. There is now a lot of evidence of a right wing bias. It recieved criticism over its Brexit coverage. It consistently presents commentators from right wing think tanks as 'independent experts'. It gives considerably more air time to conservative MPs than it does to all of the opposition parties put together. It's management has been rammed with supporters of the Conservative Party. It's impartiality is only up for discussion when a football presenter gives his own views entirely separately from his actual job. Conservatives have appointed Conservatives to choose the editorial policies and require the presenters to put forward right wing talking points, whilst interviewing right wing commentators. Seemingly nobody at the organisation seems prepared to raise their head above the parapet for fear of losing their job. All you need to do to see the reality is notice how often the likes of Fraser Nelson or Katy Balls pop up on Newsnight etc. compared to how often thier left leaning equivalents do. Or, as the very rarely invited Ash Sarkar has just put it:

The BBC is controlled by a Tory. A lying, cheating, Tory at that.

It hasn’t been politically impartial for years.

I hope one day it will be handed back to the people and an impartial controller. Unfortunately for now, it’s not to be relied upon for its political content.

Its other output remains superb.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

You don’t watch breakfast TV then,.

Sally Nugent is just rude to any government minister.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here