Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Finland beaten again

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
They will probably judge him on his playing career but surely they cant be worse than they are at the moment.

Why would the judge a potential future manager on his playing career?

That's like me saying "Alright guys, I've listened to a few Lionel Ritchie songs, I'll replace him as headliner at Glastonbury. Sweet."

It seriously worrying that somebody who's used a football forum for at least 12 years still has no f*cking clue about football.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Why would the judge a potential future manager on his playing career?

That's like me saying "Alright guys, I've listened to a few Lionel Ritchie songs, I'll replace him as headliner at Glastonbury. Sweet."

It seriously worrying that somebody who's used a football forum for at least 12 years still has no f*cking clue about football.

It happens...

Klinsmann for Germany for example.. was his first job

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Very difficult according to the Irish FA website they have beaten Hungary. Faroe Islands and Finland and lost to Romania so how have they won 5 out of 6 having played 4. The only semi decent side Romania they lost to , it is of course possible they havent updated their website but I can only quote on information available unlike HKFC who knows everything about everything to a state of being an authority.

Maybe recheck your info. They've played 5 in this campaign, and have 12 points. They also secured a great win away to Greece.

(As it goes, I'm not 100% right either - I remembered their last WC qualifier as a win, when in fact it was a creditable draw away to Israel).

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It happens...

Klinsmann for Germany for example.. was his first job

Yes, it was his first job so they took a gamble. Completely different scenario to Hyypia who has had two jobs, and failed miserably with both of them.

It would be like England hiring John Barnes as manager, despite him having a 25% win ratio when managing Tranmere.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Sorry didnt realize that everyody had to be gramatically correct on here, or is that just to prove you went to school. FWIW I was educated to a very high standard but as the years have passed have got lazy and only take care when it matters, which certainly does not include posts on NSC.
Out of curiosity, how do you decide which bits of the English language aren't necessary, and you're above using? Do you ever have a day when you decide vowels are a bit high and mighty, or capital letters are uncalled for? If you've been educated to the high standard you claim, and lived long enough to be a grandparent, you should be old enough and bright enough to know better.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
is this a good moment to bring up the fact that [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] 's fave player - the mighty Paddy McCourt plays for Northern Ireland. Bound to be the cause of their great current run of form.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
90% of all managers get their job based on their previous playing experience, how else would the manager get chosen as very few have done any coaching previously. Wasnt Germany Beckenbaurs first job and possibly Maradonna and Argentina.

As regards N Ireland looking at it closely their FA havent updated their results on the website to include Finland so still shows 4 games 9 pts.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
is this a good moment to bring up the fact that [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] 's fave player - the mighty Paddy McCourt plays for Northern Ireland. Bound to be the cause of their great current run of form.

Nonsense. His favourite player, is 'the best player in the Championship', Jamie O'Hara. He doesn't play for Northern Ireland.

Because he's crap.

And not from Northern Ireland.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nonsense. His favourite player, is 'the best player in the Championship', Jamie O'Hara. He doesn't play for Northern Ireland.

Because he's crap.

And not from Northern Ireland.

He is too good for us as he showed with his goal against us for Blackpool but to get it right I said he is a good player and has the best left foot in the championship not my favourite player. I do not have an out right favourite because there are good players in many positions so difficult to pick one. Unfortunately if picking a Championship team no players would come from Brighton.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He is too good for us as he showed with his goal against us for Blackpool but to get it right I said he is a good player and has the best left foot in the championship not my favourite player. I do not have an out right favourite because there are good players in many positions so difficult to pick one. Unfortunately if picking a Championship team no players would come from Brighton.

That goal was about all he did that day. Even Ryan Harley scored a great free kick once.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That goal was about all he did that day. Even Ryan Harley scored a great free kick once.

We need and needed, after Orlandi left, a left sided midfield player and knowing the wages Blackpool are paying are way below what we do I just felt that he could have provided what we needed, but obviously not at his previous £40k a week.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

You took the words out of my mouth. One good goal a great player doth not make.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here