Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

finding somewhere to live

Mar 13, 2008
f***ing difficult. Looking to move out and cannot find anywhere decent to live for the kind of money I want to spend. Looking to rent but every where which is in my price range only wants families. (I am looking at 2/3 bedroom flats to rent with a mate or 2). Are there any good websites to have a look at?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Give people a clue where you want to live...that might help them tailor a response aimed towards your needs...that way they can work out whether you would prefer Mayfair, Midhurst or Middlesborough!

As a starting point, why not try fish4 they cover sales and rental for the whole of the country.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
f***ing difficult. Looking to move out and cannot find anywhere decent to live for the kind of money I want to spend. Looking to rent but every where which is in my price range only wants families. (I am looking at 2/3 bedroom flats to rent with a mate or 2). Are there any good websites to have a look at?

LOADS of places in Brighton for adult sharers, depends on what you want to spend I guess.

Mar 13, 2008
I am sorry. Worthing. For around £700 a month. 2 bedrooms, or 1 bedroom and a lounge that can be converted into one.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
When I was working up St James Street I spotted an ad in a newsagents window offering free room and board in a nice house for a young man in return for "fun with an older gentleman"

If a bloke posted that for a young girl would it be allowed?

NB If anyone is interested in the ad I saw this was a few months ago so don't rush to see if its still available !!

Mar 13, 2008
Don't rent, it's shit. There is nothing that is a greater waste of money in the world.
So you expect me to buy when I am earning £8000 - £10000 per year. Cant really afford it mate.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Where have you been looking, there should be shitloads of 2 bed flats.

Go and walk into a few letting agents and they'll help you out. They want your business so will be more than happy to find somewhere for you. I've lived in a few places with 2-3 mates and never had a problem because we were a group of lads.

Be prepared to get stung when you move in. up front you'll have to pay deposit, months rent, agency fee, you might need someone to be guarentour on your income and most places charge for that. For a 2 bed place all that will be about 3 grand betwen you.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk is ok to get an idea of whats about but is usually out of date.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here