Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Finally the Boomer Anthem has been put out to pasture

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm hactually seeing Billy Joel live for the first time ever on Friday at Hyde Park (trains inshallah) and my Gen X knickers are wet with anticipation.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not content with ruining the economy, environment, and the planet in general, with your 'im alright jack - but didn't we have it hard' mantra.
You Boomers also ruined music with your woe is me anthem.

Well not any more, thankfully Fall Out Boy has come to the rescue of us young'uns and we've made your dirge relevant.

Unsurprisingly you Boomers aren't happy, probably because you can no longer randomly shout "JFK blown away what else do I have to say", like that has some kind of meaning.

You ok hun xx?
(I mean, could you you kindly translate this post into something easily understandable?

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Shallow and irrelevant cultural politics.

I got called a child of the 60s by a millennial when I said to him I was born in 67. So boomers may be the most deluded of generations but they are not the most stupid imo.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I would say Blowing in the wind is more of a boomer anthem.
Good choice. The Boomers were the first generation to care about injustice and the environment, even if they didn't get everything right. All young people care about today is getting 'likes' on their social media accounts.

*Ducks out of thread before the inevitable abuse about that generalisation*

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Good choice. The Boomers were the first generation to care about injustice and the environment, even if they didn't get everything right. All young people care about today is getting 'likes' on their social media accounts.

2 Likes so far . . you're doing well (y)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Not really abuse but, if you know that it's going to ruffle feathers – and you know it's an inaccurate generalisation – why make it in the first place? :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’ve never understood any of the generational names. Don’t even know what I am.

Born in ‘65 makes me a what?
I'll let you into a little secret - neither have I.
Just blag it and nobody will notice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here