Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Finally a good atmosphere at the AMEX

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thing is, even the quietest league game at the Amex is MASSIVELY louder than the Goldstone ever was. People have ridiculously rose-tinted glasses on when it comes to our old home.

Generally i would agree. But my recollection of Brighton vs Sheffield Wednesday in division three going for promotion and Derby in the cup for example doesn't bear that out. Some of the atmospheres at matches in those days were simply amazing. Being crammed in in the standing areas helped raise the excitement.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Generally i would agree. But my recollection of Brighton vs Sheffield Wednesday in division three going for promotion and Derby in the cup for example doesn't bear that out. Some of the atmospheres at matches in those days were simply amazing. Being crammed in in the standing areas helped raise the excitement.

True, and I remember the old North Stand being pretty immense, but remember the rest of the ground was SILENT. West Stand really was a library back then, full of old fellas reading their Arguses. The whole stadium sings much more now than back then.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
True, and I remember the old North Stand being pretty immense, but remember the rest of the ground was SILENT. West Stand really was a library back then, full of old fellas reading their Arguses. The whole stadium sings much more now than back then.

Lol that's right. In those days i was a kid and situated in the west with my dad. I can assure you that although the west hardly sung, the north and the south more than made up for it!

Aren't these threads getting a little tedious now

the only thing that is tedious are people like you, dont like what ive said dont comment, i was just asking people weather they felt it would be a great atmosphere on Friday or not, weather there is or it will still be a good game, im certainly not saying the ground isnt loud it is consistently, i was just wondering wether people thought it would be like the burnley/Ipswich/Leeds game etc due to Wednesdays fans and footballing quality

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here