Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Finally a good atmosphere at the AMEX

Finally on Friday night a team with a decent away following will come down to AMEX and hopefully a good atmosphere will fill the stadium from both teams, i cant help, due to the quietness of barnsley and Cardiff fans, that a decent atmosphere hasnt fully kicked off with our new attendances hopefully friday it will, what are your thoughts ?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
You say you can't help "due to the quietness of barnsley and Cardiff fans". Do you have some kind of phobia?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Potentially it will be better than those games but the Cardiff one wasn't helped by the fact it was a tense affair whilst Barnsley was all too easy. Neither games were conducive to a great atmosphere. The Sheffield following may help but a lot depends on the nature of the game. The Leeds match atmosphere last year was helped by virtue of the flowing attacking football and most importantly GOALS!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
oh i was singing dw about that :L, but you know what i mean, games like, Ipswich,burnley,Leeds,Sunderland,Blackpool, etc i just saying it was so loud then, imagine what it will be like with an extra 5,000 fans

To be fair, I think a couple of others have already nailed the reasons why it hasn't been particularly noisy (yet) this season. I've no doubt that Friday night will see the noise levels increase somewhat: especially if some blood & thunder antics on the pitch are forthcoming. :thumbsup:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
The Barnsley game seemed ok to me!! Cardiff, admittedly was a bit quiet, but then it was a Tuesday night game so not many youngsters

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not sure how you categorise "atmosphere". I thought Barnsley was pretty okay but I don't rely on opposing fans outsinging the home support to feel that I've had value-for-money noise-wise. As others have said, it is events on the pitch that will generate atmosphere

Not sure how you categorise "atmosphere". I thought Barnsley was pretty okay but I don't rely on opposing fans outsinging the home support to feel that I've had value-for-money noise-wise. As others have said, it is events on the pitch that will generate atmosphere

very true, but often singing back to shut up away fans does spice the game up abit,along with on the pitch events, maybe if macca, replicates hes goal from the other week from outside the box things may get abit wild:clap:

D

Deleted member 18477

We need the north stand to FINALLY step up this season! All I've heard so far in the last 2 games is the West!

Come on North stand, give us a bloody song!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I've always thought the atmosphere at the Amex excellent, compared to most other similar grounds I've been to. Don't know what people expect really - Barnsley were hardly going to bring thousands were they?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Hard to say because it is a Friday night so actual turnout, given children and visiting fan numbers.

Until we know the final number of away fan tickets sold we will not know whether or not there will be substantial 'unsold' areas we just won't know. That is what will truly create an atmosphere.

Hopefully it will turn out to be a bit special.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I am looking forward to seeing what the new away area looks like full, because it's been pretty pitiful so far. Not sure if that will be Friday, but should be better at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here