Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Final Score: OLHANENSE 2 -1 CRAWLEY TOWN (HT 0-1)

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
This match was played at the Colinas Verdes Golf Resort & Hotel near the village of Maragota, about 10 kms East of Olhao. They have a brand new football pitch, nicely turfed, but with absolutely no permanent facilities of any kind - no stands, no seats, no dugouts, They were selling cold beer for 1.50 Euros from a trailer, and there was one chemical toilet. Access was via a dirt track about one mile from the main hotel building.

Although the portuguese press continue to print every day that Brighton's match against Olhanense is also to be played at Maragota, I found out at the Crawley match that this is (thankfully) NOT true - Brighton's match will be held at Olhanense's home ground, the "Jose Arcanjo" Stadium in Olhao, but the kick-off time is still not decided.

For Brighton's match there will be 1000 souvenir programmes on sale for 2 Euros each, 100 souvenir scarves (on one side Olhanense v Brighton with date and venue, on the other the British and Portuguese flags) I think 10 Euros each, and also a beer holder/cooler. The package deal gets you all 3 items for 11 Euros.

Back to the Crawley game - Kuipers played only the 1st half and kept a clean sheet, including one miraculous save, tipped onto the crossbar and post. Ben Smith put Crawley ahead midway through the half. It was all change for the 2nd half, as only 2 Crawley players didn't get a game because of minor injuries. Olhanense scored twice in 6 minutes midway through the 2nd half, but Crawley had several good chances to score and looked useful. Think they should do well in League 2 on this showing. Olhanense looked much the same standard as Portimonense did last year against Brighton. Heard a group of portuguese press and photographers discussing Brighton's abandoned match last year, and wondering whether Olhanense would also be on the receiving end of Brighton's "dirty" play this year...

Some photos:

IMG_0096.JPGIMG_0088.JPGIMG_0115.JPGIMG_0100.JPGIMG_0102.JPG

PortuGull

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
Transport to Olhanense Game

I am in Portugal already, with car, and have room to take up to 4 people to the Olhanense game. I am staying in Quarteira, right next to the Bus Station. So from Albufeira you could take a bus to Quarteira (cheap) or share a taxi for about 22 - 25 Euros on the meter. Same for return trip. Taxi rank is also right next to the Bus Station in Quarteira

Anyone interested?​

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
What an earth is that lady doing to the other lady in the last photo !?

PortuGull

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
What an earth is that lady doing to the other lady in the last photo !?

That's what the guy on the right is wondering also :eek::blush:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Half and Half scarves:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here