Final round on Pointless.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
The question for today's top prize was:

Name any post-war manager of Brighton & Hove Albion FC (other options were Plymouth and Southampton but who cares about them?).

The contestant- a Scouser- picked Jimmy Melia. And won the jackpot.

Somewhat surprised that the only man to take the Albion to a major final was so little-known, but I guess it was a long time ago. And perhaps we're all a bit biased. More surprising was that every single post war manager was a Pointless answer except Hughton, Poyet, Oscar Garcia and Hyypia. Edit: and McGhee, Clough and Taylor.

Hyypia scored three points, which, as pointed out on Twitter by Werner [MENTION=20961]beardsley[/MENTION]_NL (Dutch Seagulls) would be a real novelty :lol:

to be fair a scouser probably only knew Melia due to the connections

Wood wood of been my shout

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was watching this on Pointless and as soon as Melia was mentioned I thought no way will that answer be pointless.
Very surprised Mullery was also pointless.

I said Case, Wood and Hinshelwood.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
really struggling with Soton & Plymouth apart from Lawrie Mac who obviously is'nt pointless and the fella that managed both Sturrock

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
For what it's worth (little I know), my answers were Horton, Gritt and Slade.

I'm a winner!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Ah but what Peter Taylor were they talking about. What if you said Peter Taylor but not the Clough mate. The other one. How did they differentiate? Would he have been pointless?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
to be fair a scouser probably only knew Melia due to the connections

Wood wood of been my shout

I wrote a 'noire' piece about Wood for Scars and Stripes way back when. In it, Dick Knight turned up at his house and shot him dead. What was I on? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports