Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Final Day Live TV Games Selected

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Only an option (Radio Sussex that is) if you live in Sussex.

Yes of course but he was alluding to the fact that local BBC coverage may be not available in the Premier League.

edit:

Maybe the club are going to set up a different pay to listen service to maximise revenue. There were hints that all home (or was it away?) games would be available to be streamed to overseas fans from next season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
OR anywhere in the world if you have Seagulls Player which uses their commentary. Sorry, that's Seagulls Player HD...must get it correct! :thumbsup: Although it is changing in due course...
.....which may not involve using Radio Sussex commentary, which would then sadly only be available to those who live in Sussex (except for the odd happy days when someone forgets to switch off the link to on-line!)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes of course but he was alluding to the fact that local BBC coverage may be not available in the Premier League.

He was alluding to the fact that Radio Solent still broadcasts PL matches, an example of local BBC coverage being very much available in the PL.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Glad I got that beamback ticket now, would've been gutted to have missed seeing the game.

I wonder if the club will open a lounge and make more beamback tickets available, now that its not on the telly.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Does anyone think it will be televised overseas?

Find it bizarre that the club with the title still in its own hands is now being covered on the final day, just weird

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
I sometimes wonder if the SkyTV cameras/hype affect the team. This season, we’ve been on SkyTV 17 times, involving a fairly balanced mix of 9 home games, 8 away, 10 against top half opponents.

Our SkyTV record is

P 17 W 10 D 1 L 6 F 27 A 16 Pts 31 GD 11 PPG 1.82 GDPG 0.65

Our non-televised games have yielded

P 28 W 18 D 7 L 3 F 46 A 23 Pts 61 GD 23 PPG 2.18 GDPG 0.82

Thus we have performed better off camera than on it and so perhaps it's a blessing that Villa isn’t being televised live.

Next Sunday will have a real cup final feel to it for the fans lucky enough to be there (including me!), enjoying the beamback at the Amex or listening in on Radio Sussex or Seagulls Player.

It’ll be wonderful for Albion to lift the trophy. The lads, CH and TB deserve and have thoroughly earned it, IMHO.

I live in hope that we'll achieve our goal and think that we’ll perform when it matters. It remains completely in our hands.

UTA

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Does anyone think it will be televised overseas?

Find it bizarre that the club with the title still in its own hands is now being covered on the final day, just weird

It may be but the choice of games is more relevant - given both you and the barcodes are secure for promotion, winning the championship is not as big as relegation - I am not trying to take anything away from Brighton but as a Sunderland fan I could not care less next season if we go up as champions as long as we go up. Arguably Fulham and Leeds would have been the first or second choice if it was a little closer

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The expectation amongst many in the week was yesterday would be little more than a coronation.
Only among stupid fans.
It was all about 'party party party'. I had a 'niggle' in the run up that all the pre match 'razzmatazz' could backfire. For pressure games where much is at stake, the build up for the team should have be kept as near normal as possible without the above. Not easy with expectation, I understand that & I take any point that what was at stake yesterday was nothing compared to 96/97, Hereford or any of the previous play off games. However, it appears no lessons were learnt from 'clackergate'.
We didn't have a 'normal' build up to the 2nd leg against Wednesday :lol: and we were excellent, despite missing key players and having a knackered team.

I'm happy the TV focus won't be on us
Does seem like a good thing.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yep I think this is good news for us. Don't think all the media attention, flags, opera singer and general 'cup final feel' did anything to help the players yesterday.

Yes a rather manufactured build up certainly didn't help :)

Good choices to be fair...

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Who will sky show?

With 2 Championship games to be aired on Sunday, will be interesting if they go for the title race or the survival games? Will we know today?.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The real trophy will probably be in a helicopter,we might both lose yet....as u were

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
sku.JPG

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Who will sky show?

With 2 Championship games to be aired on Sunday, will be interesting if they go for the title race or the survival games? Will we know today?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here