Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Final day kickoff time announced - 12:15

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was thinking of dusting down my inflatable horse again. I might be able to squeeze you in behind me.

He could go side saddle?

I might dust off Her Majesty again. She enjoyed her last end-of-season trip to Nottingham :thumbsup:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Been the same for the last couple of years and it wasnt going to be any different this year. Its so Sky can pick games at short notice for TV without screwing anyone around at short notice. Besides, if we were to win promotion or seal a play-off spot in this game at Forest (hopefully at their expense), then it allows for a lot more drinking time after the game - its not all bad !!

Also, if we get promoted - its going to be happening more often - so you better get used to it.

Oh, they cant KO at 13.30 either on a Saturday as that would mean games carrying on on TV past 3PM which isnt allowed. Good chance our game could be on TV too.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Isn't it something to do with not legally being able to televise live games at 3pm on a Saturday? By moving the whole league back to 12.15 means they can broadcast a couple of promotion / relegation games.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Bollocks. Although allows for more drinking time on the way home.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/final-day-kick-off-time-announced-1299527.aspx

I really wish they wouldn't do this! The Sunday or an evening kickoff would be better, it really shits on the travelling fans, particularly those like us that have quite a distance to go.

Significantly reduces the coffers of local boozers too.

I loved the first twitter reply to the Football League's announcement:

Do you know what matches are being televised?

They even got back to him. Bless.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Could be tricky getting tickets for this so need to harvest as many loyal points beforehand.

Maybe a promotion party on Saturday night, you never can tell.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Night out in Nottingham by all accounts. We will sell the away end out especially if there is something to play for.
I hope we do what Leicester did and keep them out the playoffs on the final day just so i can see Billy's face.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Looks like I'll be having a full english and a few pints to wash it down then!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Isn't it something to do with not legally being able to televise live games at 3pm on a Saturday? By moving the whole league back to 12.15 means they can broadcast a couple of promotion / relegation games.

So have ko at 13:15 if the second half overrun then just pull the feed, be just like watching ITV

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Surprised it's taken until January to confirm the early kick-offs.

Could be a decider to see who gets into the top six. There was trouble after the League One winning season at Notts County after the final match. It's not just Sky but also the police it makes things easier for.

Jan 30, 2008

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He could go side saddle?

I might dust off Her Majesty again. She enjoyed her last end-of-season trip to Nottingham :thumbsup:

Ahh, that regal presence certainly added a touch of class to proceedings at Meadow Lane.

Perhaps I could hire a GUARDS outfit to go with with my old flaccid dobbin. We could do our own Trooping the Colour, m'am.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Sky have had championship games kicking off at 12:15 on a Saturday all season. Simply so they have a game already on when BT Sport's match starts at 12:45. Bit of a poor attempt IMO to hinder BT, but that's what it is about.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
to be fair it's still a cracking away day to end the season and I reckon we'd sell out either way

just means a night out on the Friday or early start sat and stay after - if weathers OK Nottingham is class. Few years back for Notts County around the waterfront was brilliant.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
We managed Barnsley away at the end of the season before last. Same KO time, but still managed a couple of beers before the KO time.

Nottinghams got to be a lot easier I would think

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Been the same for the last couple of years and it wasnt going to be any different this year. Its so Sky can pick games at short notice for TV without screwing anyone around at short notice. Besides, if we were to win promotion or seal a play-off spot in this game at Forest (hopefully at their expense), then it allows for a lot more drinking time after the game - its not all bad !!

Also, if we get promoted - its going to be happening more often - so you better get used to it.

Oh, they cant KO at 13.30 either on a Saturday as that would mean games carrying on on TV past 3PM which isnt allowed. Good chance our game could be on TV too.

What a bright and breezy look at an unfriendly kick off time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here