Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Films to watch before you die

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I saw 'Suffragette' a couple of weeks ago when it came on Sky and thought it was excellent.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Far, far too much modern gubbins on this thread.

Google Powell and Pressburger then watch the lot, especially the sublime A Matter of Life and Death my favourite ever movie (it doesn't harm that the main protagonist & I share the same surname of course!)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
French film "13"

I'll watch any film, as long as it's got subtitles, so decided to check this one out - sacre frickin bleu! I don't know whether to blow my own brains out with the horror of it or give it 7 bullets in the chamber out of 10. Great slice of Gallic noir.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
The gods must be crazy. An African film from 1980. Very funny film about an African tribe who come across a Coca Cola bottle that has been thrown from a plane. There is only one bottle but the whole tribe want to use it for different purposes and it starts to affect their peaceful existence. Their tribal leader decides to restore order by setting out on a trip to return the bottle to the gods.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If we're allowed to extend this to TV series then the first season of Fargo is as good as it gets. It does the film justice and then some.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here