Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Films that make you BLUB

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Good Will Hunting (“It’s not your fault”)
Bridges of Madison County (Meryl Streep’s hand resting on the car door handle at the intersection stop light)

😭😭
This also came into my head. Pleading with Meryl Streep to open the car door and go to the pick - up with Clint Eastwood waiting for her at the traffic lights to change her depressing farmers wife life with the man who came into her life unexpectedly. Very tearfull

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Last edited:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Truly, Madly, Deeply 😭

The death scene of The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover; made even more harrowing by the brilliantly haunting soundtrack by Michael Nyman

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The same here , i have never got rid of the feeling i had as a child leaving the cinema after that bloody film .
That’s actually the film I meant when I write ‘Tarka the Otter’ on my list 🙄 - yep, my Mum had to take me out of the cinema at the ice cream intermission screaming my head off. Even the prospect of eating ice cream in a tub with a little wooden spatula could not get me to go back into that friggin cinema.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
This also came into my head. Pleading with Meryl Streep to open the car door and go to the pick - up with Clint Eastwood waiting for her at the traffic lights to change her depressing farmers wife life with the man who came into her life unexpectedly. Very tearfull
Sort of a modern day Brief Encounter - I had lump in throat with both films!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The death bed scene at the end of the Musical version of Les Miserables.
Have seen Les Mis at the threatre 6 times - and blubbed every single time at that scene.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
That’s actually the film I meant when I write ‘Tarka the Otter’ on my list 🙄 - yep, my Mum had to take me out of the cinema at the ice cream intermission screaming my head off. Even the prospect of eating ice cream in a tub with a little wooden spatula could not get me to go back into that friggin cinema.
I always wondered two things about that film , 1 ) why would anyone write a film like that and 2 ) how can it be classed as a kids film ? .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The first film I cried at was, 1,000,000 BC

It was at the cavemen monkey bit.
Or was it that I realised that I was too old to be breast fed by Rachael Welsh,

Last edited:

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
The Lives of Others and The Snowman.

I can still vividly recall the first time I watched the Snowman as a kid - there I was thinking this is such a magical and fun fantasy and then that final scene. The Snowman melted. Closing credits. Devastating.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Schindler’s list at the end when he says he should have done more after saving all those lives. Then them putting the stones on his grave just to really finish me off!

And also, The Pursuit of Happiness, when he loses his shoe, when they sleep in the toilet and the end. That’s a real heart string puller!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here