Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Film 2023

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Against my better judgment I watched Mad Mel Gibbo Gibson in On The Line, his latest B-Movie effort on Prime.

It is one of the worst films I have ever seen. It is actually startling how bad it is. Terrible. Ugh.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Against my better judgment I watched Mad Mel Gibbo Gibson in On The Line, his latest B-Movie effort on Prime.

It is one of the worst films I have ever seen. It is actually startling how bad it is. Terrible. Ugh.
He was good in Daddy's Home 2, though

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[removed other tweet as noticed it was in an earlier post]

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I actually really rate Gibbo as an actor, he’s obviously box office poison these days though. Can’t really feel too sorry for him after his behaviour over the years.
He is a better Director. The Passion of the Christ and Hacksaw Ridge were both brilliant

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He is a better Director. The Passion of the Christ and Hacksaw Ridge were both brilliant
He is a good director. Agreed. Good actor in the right role. I thought his Hamlet was outstanding.

I think I’m right in saying he owns Icon Productions so even if he isn’t getting hired much, he’s not short of a Bob or two!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He is a good director. Agreed. Good actor in the right role. I thought his Hamlet was outstanding.

I think I’m right in saying he owns Icon Productions so even if he isn’t getting hired much, he’s not short of a Bob or two!
He has $ 430 000 000 down the side of his Sofa

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I went to see Ant-man and the Wasp: Quantumania. I liked it, feeling it was on a par with, or close to a par with the previous two Ant-Man instalments. Though it was a little bit darker than the previous two. It is not a 'return to form for the MCU', and it doesn't kick start the next phase (I think this is now phase 5?) after the lacklustre phase 4 run of films/tv shows, but I enjoyed it enough.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I went to see Ant-man and the Wasp: Quantumania. I liked it, feeling it was on a par with, or close to a par with the previous two Ant-Man instalments. Though it was a little bit darker than the previous two. It is not a 'return to form for the MCU', and it doesn't kick start the next phase (I think this is now phase 5?) after the lacklustre phase 4 run of films/tv shows, but I enjoyed it enough.
That's good to hear after the slating it got in The Times this morning. Suspect they sent someone who doesn't like this genre of films...

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Some wonderful things in this thread.
Personally I cannot wait for Oppenheimer. The mix of Nolan tackling the biopic of one of the 20th centuries most controversial figures and topics should be fascinating.

I’m biased as I’m a total nut for anything relating to the Manhattan Project but I really think this director, this storyline and Cillian Murphy has huge awards potential.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here