Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Film 2010

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Sunday - Unstoppable - I have never seen a Denzel Washington film that I didn't like. This was really good I thought and according to an article I found online, whilst it is significantly dramatised "to make it interesting" its not that far off the true events on which it is based. Well worth a look IMO. 7.5/10

Yesterday - The Tourist - I am abslutely certain that others will tell you they saw the twist at the end a mile off. I don't care. I didn't. I never do ! I enjoyed this film too, although how much was actually shot on location in Venice I don't know, because it didn't really make the most of the location. Old Angelina looked old. The make up was more of a mask than ever. Maybe it was intentional, but she's a long way from the Tomb Raider on this evidence. Johnny Depp was a much better performance. 7/10

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Wolfman

Caught this on Sky Anytime last night, and was pleasantly surprised. Anthony Hopkins, Benicio Del Toro and Hugo Weaving (in full-on 19th century Agent Smith mode) put in entertaining performances in this remake of the classic. A bit slow in parts, but made up for by some truley ridiculously HORRIFIC gore and violence. Heads lopped off, limbs and entrails flying everywhere, disembowellments all over the shop, all good fun.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Cheers Barry - will take Mrs TRHK to see the tourist on the back of that.
You're welcome, but I'm not sure she'll want to see it again. She snored through most of it last night :whistle:

:lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Saw Somewhere at the Duke of Porks t'uther night. I like Stephen Dorf and wanted to like the flick, but, barring the blonde twins pole dancing, it was a tad tediocre. 6.8/10

Catching the Friedmans on DVD - Do not die without seeing this 2004 documentary film. A truly mindblowing, unfathomable, bizarre true story of a Long Island Jewish family falling apart under accusations of paedophilia levelled against the father (a respected teacher) and documented on their own home video footage. The missus and I had our jaws on the floor by the end. 9/10

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The Tourist was, for me, a terrible 100 minutes or so. A pisspoor attempt to use the hitchcockian formula for innocent-man-mistaken-for-criminal and place Depp in the likes of Cary Grant's shoes. His voice in it was strange, Depp. They tried to make him sound less camp and more manly than he usually does. For me, it didn't work. And the storyline and twist in the whole affair were groanful. One of the worst parts, i found, was Angelina Jolie. That woman looks deathly thin and the director seemed to get every bit-part player who passed her to be left agog by her "beauty", knowing that in her flimsy and gaunt style there was none of that to her. It's a constant scream of "look how gorgeous this over-slender dame is" and i didn't go along with it or appreciate it. Unsubtle and generally eye-rolling, i thought it.

Of Gods and Men, though, i thought quite differently. Ponderous and cool and gently philosophical. I am not a religious man in the slightest, but i had some giant respect for the holy in this.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There appears to be a distinct lack of decent 'filmage' on terrestrial/freeview nowadays. Annoying.

Any recommendations of films to watch on iplayer and that sort of thing?

Are there free films on 4oD or do you have to join and pay?

Cheers!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Don't go to work or have a big sleep in the early evening in order to stay up for some films. At the weekend i watched The Bad and the Beautiful, a worthy and noirish Citizen Kane wannabe with Kirk Douglas as the growing monster in the media. And in the evening on BBC4 Blame it on Fidel, a little tale of a girl in 70s Paris under the kosh of her parent's increasing involvement in the political activist movement, her life changing and seeming to materially cheapen thanks to it. All told fromm her perspective really, the 11 year old girl. All confusing and unwelcomingly altering.
A good doublebill in total for a Sunday.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Maybe am being a tad harsh but currently half way through The Town, the Affleck movie. Read some pretty decent reviews but thus far not overly impressed, hoping my get better

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Don't go to work or have a big sleep in the early evening in order to stay up for some films. At the weekend i watched The Bad and the Beautiful, a worthy and noirish Citizen Kane wannabe with Kirk Douglas as the growing monster in the media. And in the evening on BBC4 Blame it on Fidel, a little tale of a girl in 70s Paris under the kosh of her parent's increasing involvement in the political activist movement, her life changing and seeming to materially cheapen thanks to it. All told fromm her perspective really, the 11 year old girl. All confusing and unwelcomingly altering.
A good doublebill in total for a Sunday.

Thank you, cinematic oracle. I shall give Blame it on Fidel a go.

I see Blake Edwards has died.

BBC News - Blake Edwards: Hollywood film director dies aged 88

Good man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here