Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Filling Falmer - The BT Repair Man's Story

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Agree with much of the above: a chap who lives opposite, doesn't support a particular club, has bought a Fulham ST. He'd come. Also a number of the blokes I play 5 a side with would come down, though they mostly support Premiershite.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I've got tilers working in my kitchen at the moment who are Chelsea fans but, as they come from Sussex, are excited about the Albion and about the Amex. They say they'll be going
This thing is steamrollering

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I too don't have any trouble confessing that i no longer go to Withers. Was reasonably regular at the Goldstone from about 78 through to 97, had a seasn ticket for priestfield for 2 years, then a ST for the first 6 or so years at Withdean. Not been for about 3 years or so. I know i'm a bad fan. Looking forward to going to some games at Falmer, we'll have to see how often.

hastings albion

Mar 26, 2008
Just because people dont go to the shitdean all time it does not mean that they are unloyal. I used to have a season ticket at the goldstone. I also had one for the first couple of seasons at the shitdean. But since then I only go to about 7 or 8 homes games a season. When falmer opens I will once again be getting a season ticket. This does not make me disloyal so I think people should get of the backs of these fans who wanna come to falmer.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Just because people dont go to the shitdean all time it does not mean that they are unloyal. I used to have a season ticket at the goldstone. I also had one for the first couple of seasons at the shitdean. But since then I only go to about 7 or 8 homes games a season. When falmer opens I will once again be getting a season ticket. This does not make me disloyal so I think people should get of the backs of these fans who wanna come to falmer.

Totally agree. Had season ticket at Goldstone and Priestfield, and the first 6yrs at Withers. Got one again this year cos I want first dibs. Also people seem to forget we took over 30,000 to Cardiff not that long ago - most of those people looked like Albion fans to me.

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
Agreed - IF priced correctly.

Yes there are plenty of potential "new fans" out there but they are not going to come whatever the price. I think the board will be looking at a high percentage of Falmer being filled by STHs - if it doesnt some people will pick and choose games. Will be interested to see what the STH pricing will be - maybe similar to Withdean for 10/11 and then reviewed for next season.
The attraction of Falmer will not just be the ground but the atmosphere of a big attendance.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Totally agree with all that has been said. Pricing is key, I'd be tempted to hold admission prices and fill Falmer; sometimes less is more.

Due to a move I cancelled my season ticket three years ago but with the team flying and Falmer on the horizon my juices are once again flowing.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Taking two lads from computing to their first ever games soon! Hopefully we'll rape exeter and be sitting in H which will make some kind of experience that makes them want to come back

D

Deleted User X18H

Everyone in Brighton and Hove knows the intensity of interest there will be in Falmer its no real surprise.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
To fill Falmer.......pricing.....deals for kids......tickets on the day.....embrace the "rowdy " Allow some you wouldnt want to go out with your daughter
To max the revenue......try and fill it with as many of us middle class ,middlle aged men/women as they can !........i wonder !!!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Totally agree. Had season ticket at Goldstone and Priestfield, and the first 6yrs at Withers. Got one again this year cos I want first dibs. Also people seem to forget we took over 30,000 to Cardiff not that long ago - most of those people looked like Albion fans to me.
Wouldn't read to much into finals as even brizzle rovers can take 40k to wembley:p
You can be assured we have far more than 30,000 waiting in the wings:thumbsup:

Falmer will be to small as i've said many times

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think I'll be getting to Falmer much.
Not because of the price or even the distance from where I live.
Mainly because if I get past Easy 10 trying to STAB me, I might end up sitting next to Steve Foster who will bore me to death by listing the names and addresses of any season ticket holders not present.

Don't be silly cherub.
I'll only get a little bit stabby-stabby if you're walking around calling the stadium "falmer".

:thumbsup:

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Be intereseted to see what people on here think a season ticket will cost? I know of two lads that said to me in the pub last weekend that if they could get a season ticket for £500 or under then they will definately be getting one. I said to them of course it will be under £500................. but the more i think about it the the less confident i am of that statement.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just had the BT repair man round to fix our phone line (turns out the wire up the pole had corroded). Phone point is in my office and he spotted the Amex photo I use as a desktop background on my PC.

He immediately knew it was Brighton's new stadium. Was incredibly impressed. Explained to me that he'd seen it a couple of times and though he doesn't follow a team (more of a rugby man apparently) he's intending to get down to give it a try.

He knew that Brighton were playing good looking football and that we are six points clear. He fully expects us to be in The Championship next year (wish I was so optimistic).

So this is a rugby-following bloke, with no allegiance to a particular football team, from Crowborough, who is starting to be swept up by the excitement of Falmer and the way Gus is getting our team to play. He's engaged enough to the point that we wants to come down and see what all the excitement is about.

This really is starting to happen - I'm starting to believe that we really could fill that place.

:albion1: :amex:

The anecdotal stories of people taking an interest in - no, strike that - being wowed by the new stadium and encouraging people to come along are growing daily.

Put it this way, are there any proper football fans (of ANY club) who live in Brighton who are NOT coming to Falmer - or at the very least grabbing their interest? This thing IS turning people's heads - as well as changing hearts at the same time.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Continuing with the tradesman theme, the electrician we had round a few weeks ago was saying how he goes to away games but hasn't seen us at home since the Goldstone, but will be getting a season ticket for Falmer. There are thousands and thousands waiting in the wings. Where were they when we were shite? Should we care?
There is more rejoicing in heaven over the one sheep that was lost, and then found, than over the 99 sheep who never strayed.

Here endeth the lesson.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The more interest in tickets then the more expensive they will be and less cheaper ones for kids, students etc.
Simple economics.

We were talking about this the other day.The current adult with a child prices are brilliant but i just cant see it happening at Falmer.I think i am going to have to dig a lot deeper next season but god will it be worth it.:amex:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here