Filip Kostic

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why does twitter have such credence on this site?

It doesn't.

Some of the people who tweet do: journalists, reputable people who have been shown to be right before (and not just because they repeated a rumour and then it turned out to be true). The same way that some people who have a good reputation on here are listened to when they pass on their info.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
From the little I've seen I'd say he looks prem quality and are wages not likely to be an issue here?
Sorry if that comes across a little negatively but someone is going to need to pinch me if we actually sign him.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
It doesn't.

Some of the people who tweet do: journalists, reputable people who have been shown to be right before (and not just because they repeated a rumour and then it turned out to be true). The same way that some people who have a good reputation on here are listened to when they pass on their info.

I get that, but twitter accounts are as easy to open as close. Same as NSC yet for some reason on here we give them some kind of legitimacy.
I accept a history of accuracy is worth our attention but most are random posts from unknown authors.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
For anyone else struggling with tweets:

Click on the time of the tweet to bring it up on it's own and copy the url, or if you're using the twitter app, the 'more' brings up the option of a link direct to tweet.

gives you twitter.com/GoogleFacts/status/495962070333292544

Delete it all except the number giving you

Use the tweet mark ups:

[tweet]495962070333292544[/tweet] (exactly like that, I've doctored it so it so it doesn't embed here, just to show you exactly what to do)

And you get

[tweet]495962070333292544[/tweet]

Why not Christina? #whyalwaysbritney

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I get that, but twitter accounts are as easy to open as close. Same as NSC yet for some reason on here we give them some kind of legitimacy.
I accept a history of accuracy is worth our attention but most are random posts from unknown authors.

I very much agree. The Twitter pages come alive with claims from pages that have seemingly credible titles, but nothing else. One of them was rather upset with me when I pointed out the inaccuracies in their assertions.

I just wait for Sky Sports to confirm things, and our Bozza.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Virgil Van Dyk used to be at Groningen. We were linked - indeed it was suggested we'd bid - before nothing came of it and he went to Celtic. I wonder if it is the same agent

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why not Christina? #whyalwaysbritney

Because she's one of them

Dirrty_CD_cover.jpg

Look at her sporting that pirate look, showing solidarity for her sea-faring brethren. It's because of her Tom Hanks got kidnapped, really.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I love it when people get excited about a player who they had never heard of 7 days ago.

Makes me chuckle.

In fairness, there are thousands of players across Europe, how do you expect people to know anything about any of them, especially those players possibly available at our level?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports