Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fikayo Tomori on loan from Chelsea

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
But it's against Lincoln. It's not even the end of the world if we lose, it's the perfect game to bed a new player.
The club have already said they intend to loan Hunt out, so what's the point in giving him another game before he goes? We're trying to prepare our squad for the rest of the season, so if Tomori is going to be a part of it we need to get him up to speed.

You're probably right!

One things for sure though, you don't get anywhere near our squad unless you're good enough!

So with that in mind, I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Or Hunt will have one last full game at Lincoln, and THEN go out on loan.

This was my thinking. Maybe we haven't found the best team for him yet? Hunt needs to go to a winning team in my opinion. One more game could highlight his talents some more, and attract better suitors.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
one player id love to see join with him is Dom Solanke on loan - rated higher than Tammy Abraham by Chelsea coaching staff

This has been said before and did a bit of digging and found articles suggesting he had fallen out with the powers that be at Chelsea during the summmer because he wanted regular first team football, a huge pay rise and refused to go out on loan. Not really the attitude we want in our dressing room if you ask me.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As I mentioned on another thread a couple of days ago, a reliable source close to Bruno has told me that Bruno will play against Cardiff and that his 'injury' meant he couldn't have played last Friday and Tuesday.

He also said that the cup game would give him a chance to rest.

This is a very reliable source and unless Bruno had a reaction in training I expect to see him play tomorrow. However, if it is that 'type' of injury and given Bruno is no spring chicken, there is a chance the injury could get worse and the signing of Tomori seems like a very shrewd move by the club to cover that scenario.

My source was ITK about Ulloa as well and he said that Ulloa made it known he would come back to us but that we could not afford his wages at this present time.

Don't shoot the messenger! This info is about as solid as you can get from someone definitely ITK.

So what happened to Bruno, then?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
So what happened to Bruno, then?

The club have previous on these type of injuries. Giving false hope about comeback dates and then said player eventually being out for months. Lets hope this is not the case with either Baldock or Bruno although Rosenior now back attempting to get match fit is a big big plus

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The club have previous on these type of injuries. Giving false hope about comeback dates and then said player eventually being out for months. Lets hope this is not the case with either Baldock or Bruno although Rosenior now back attempting to get match fit is a big big plus

Oh yeah, I know that. I was more questioning the information from the ITK source and the 'unless Bruno had a reaction in training I expect to see him play tomorrow' bit.

Either the source is BS and Bruno is still injured, or something happened and the injury that was keeping him out has got worse. Big loss either way though – he's captain Marvel for a reason!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Oh yeah, I know that. I was more questioning the information from the ITK source and the 'unless Bruno had a reaction in training I expect to see him play tomorrow' bit.

Either the source is BS and Bruno is still injured, or something happened and the injury that was keeping him out has got worse. Big loss either way though – he's captain Marvel for a reason!

Totally agree

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think there's every chance that if it goes well for him and he proves a good player, that he could come back on a season-long loan next year when we will be needing a new RB. This could be a move made with one eye on the future?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
This was my thinking. Maybe we haven't found the best team for him yet? Hunt needs to go to a winning team in my opinion. One more game could highlight his talents some more, and attract better suitors.
Warren quoted Crawley, Portsmouth & Oldham as being interested in taking him on loan

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
This has been said before and did a bit of digging and found articles suggesting he had fallen out with the powers that be at Chelsea during the summmer because he wanted regular first team football, a huge pay rise and refused to go out on loan. Not really the attitude we want in our dressing room if you ask me.

It is the case he turned down a new contract, but the figures being quoted are 'sensational' to say the least. He is an honest hardworking lad so I am told by one of his fellow team mates (I wont tell names) with a massive future in the game

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
He is an honest hardworking lad so I am told by one of his fellow team mates (I wont tell names) with a massive future in the game

Though we can assume it's either of the two Brighton and Hove lads who are at Chelsea that you named on Bright Samuel thread. Just call me Sherlock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here