Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Fight The Power : How Hip Hop Changed The World BBC2

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Exceptional series started this weekend on BBC2, charts Black Power, Black Lives Matter and the corruptness of earlier US Governments.

Well worth watching, all 4 episodes on the iPlayer.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sounds interesting. Hopefully it will be available for foreigners somehow...

This is another classic BBC hip hop documentary worth watching:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I wouldn’t add salt to food , not good for the blood pressure . Maybe some garlic to green beans . Not all veg needed to be Green , ted peppers are nice for instance . Oh and quite liked SWV too , back in the day .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Look forward to this.

I have said this before, and I’ll say it again, these BBC music documentaries are second to none.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I wouldn’t add salt to food , not good for the blood pressure . Maybe some garlic to green beans . Not all veg needed to be Green , ted peppers are nice for instance . Oh and quite liked SWV too , back in the day .

I can't imagine a world without seasoned food and hip hop.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
You can season food without using salt ! If you can’t imagine a world without hip hop , maybe look again at your music choices .

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The OP continues to surprise, I take back everything bad I’ve ever said about him. Top bombing Beachy, hip hop is the dogs, although it probably isn’t for the older farts on here.
Recently dusted off some Jurassic 5 and didn’t appreciate how good Reasonable Doubt by Jay-Z is, a classic album.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Cool to see some old footage of Bambaataa and Kool Herc.

Netflix has another more lengthy deep dive on Hip Hop called Hip Hop Evolution which just about covers everything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here