Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fifth place come May a realistic target

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Considering Man United and Newcastle's erratic form, we can certainly give them and Spurs a run for their money from now until the end of the season league-wise.

Throw in a cup, filled up to the brim with extra cold Guinness and Bob's your uncle!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Whilst we have one or two more injuries than the average, I think international duty is now going to be the main threat to our progress.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's possible. The top 3 are in a different league. villa are flavour of the month at the moment, but things change. So 4th is our absolute maximum.

Everything would have to go right.

Though we'd probably need to start beating Sheffield and Burnley at home if we want to get higher than we currently are.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If all our injuries return ready to go it is entirely on the cards.
I don't know that it's on the cards, but certainly with no extra games to worry about until March, and a chance to get most if not all of our long term injured up and running again (excuse the pun), it's certainly possible,

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Don’t underestimate the opposition still to come to the Amex. City, United, Villa, Arsenal, Spurs. Even Chelsea might be up for it by the time they arrive. It’s why those dropped points against Sheff Utd, Burnley, Fulham, were hard to take. But as always, we’ll no doubt pull off a few surprises. The Emirates on Sunday would be a great one to start with.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After Sunday our fixtures are incredibly favourable right through to the Europa League restart.

If we can get to that point well drilled, well rested and sitting on a points haul, we should be well set for when the sun returns and fortune generally favours us.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Don’t underestimate the opposition still to come to the Amex. City, United, Villa, Arsenal, Spurs. Even Chelsea might be up for it by the time they arrive. It’s why those dropped points against Sheff Utd, Burnley, Fulham, were hard to take. But as always, we’ll no doubt pull off a few surprises. The Emirates on Sunday would be a great one to start with.
With both Potter and RDZ I’ll always fancy us slightly more against a team that feels it needs to attack and win at the Amex as opposed to a team we ‘should’ beat who are happy with a point.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
After Sunday our fixtures are incredibly favourable right through to the Europa League restart.

If we can get to that point well drilled, well rested and sitting on a points haul, we should be well set for when the sun returns and fortune generally favours us.
Hmmm then again home fixtures against Fulham, Sheffield United, and Burnley could have been considered favourable could they not?

Now remind me how many wins we picked up from those games? Just saying that's all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmmm then again home fixtures against Fulham, Sheffield United, and Burnley could have been considered favourable could they not?

Now remind me how many wins we picked up from those games? Just saying that's all.
Games where Europe played a part.
Plus, unlike previous incarnations, the one thing this team does is learn.

If they can't get over that hump, this whole thread is a moot point and just another reminder of rosy specced wishful thinking.

I firmly believe, when the fixtures came out, RDZ looked at the 10 fixtures post Arsenal and thought "season defining" (ok maybe some poetic licence there, but the point stands),
The fact that we're going into these games so close to top & as UEL league winners is probably beyond even his expectations, which in turn can only be good for motivation and moral.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here