Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FIFA Officials Arrested

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
"From reports emanating from the US late last year, what is understood is that a man by the name of Chuck Blazer, who was a very powerful Fifa official for a number of years, was turned into a co-operating witness for the FBI.

"That obviously attracted the attention of law enforcement. They, according to reports, gave him a wiretap and that was used at a series of meetings in London in summer 2012 in which conversations took place with a number of leading officials. Those conversations are said to have spurred on this investigation and today I think we are starting to see the results, perhaps, of those conversations - that wiretap evidence. This investigation has been ongoing in the US."

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The delegates are usually appointed by their local FA. They each have one vote for the presidential election. There are 209 of them in total.

FIFA officials are usually full or part time staff who have a role in one of the FIFA confederations.

At the end of last year Blatter sanctioned a $1 million payment to each FIFA member country

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
"From reports emanating from the US late last year, what is understood is that a man by the name of Chuck Blazer, who was a very powerful Fifa official for a number of years, was turned into a co-operating witness for the FBI.

"That obviously attracted the attention of law enforcement. They, according to reports, gave him a wiretap and that was used at a series of meetings in London in summer 2012 in which conversations took place with a number of leading officials. Those conversations are said to have spurred on this investigation and today I think we are starting to see the results, perhaps, of those conversations - that wiretap evidence. This investigation has been ongoing in the US."

the wiretap is the beautiful icing on a delicious cake,

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If...if...these are Blatter's stooges that have been arrested then I hope to God the FBI offer them a deal in return for Blatter's head. And if Blatter is toppled by this then we should declare it a national holiday in England. Payback for him being an anti-English, conniving, lying, cheating low-down *******. It could be like Guy Fawkes Day but sometime in the summer. Who's with me?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Swiss legal authorities have announced that criminal proceedings have opened "against persons unknown on suspicion of criminal mismanagement and of money laundering in connection with the allocation of the 2018 and 2022 football World Cups".

:cool::clap2::clap2:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Text book organised crime approach from the US, catch a small fish, get him to turn on the bigger fish, get the bigger fish to turn on the biggest fish and suddenly everyone is grassing on everyone.

This really could be the end of FIFA in it's current state if they have hard evidence against some of these people.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Swiss legal authorities have announced that criminal proceedings have opened "against persons unknown on suspicion of criminal mismanagement and of money laundering in connection with the allocation of the 2018 and 2022 football World Cups".

:cool::clap2::clap2:

Everyone knows it wasn't right so the first thing is demand the 2022 WC is played in the Summer as per the original plan

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And just to show what a deluded criminal Blatter really is :

"Fifa chief Sepp Blatter says he is not being investigated by United States authorities - but admitted former colleagues are. A television documentary has alleged Blatter has stayed away from the country since 2011 over a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) probe.
But the 79-year-old Swiss said: "I know that in the US there is an investigation against former people who have been in my government.
"There is nothing against me."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32757190

Firstly, it somewhat contridicts press reports and secondly, "MY GOVERNMENT" ?? WTF ?? That statement alone shows what an egotistical, power hungry tosspot the idiot is.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Text book organised crime approach from the US, catch a small fish, get him to turn on the bigger fish, get the bigger fish to turn on the biggest fish and suddenly everyone is grassing on everyone.

This really could be the end of FIFA in it's current state if they have hard evidence against some of these people.

Pleasingly the FBI don't really muck around and the conviction rate following arrest is extremely high (like 95%?).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I bet the Fifa officials are going to regret this when they get their £500 fines.

Oh no, if the US authorities are involved, this won't be a slap on the wrist. Judging by some of the charges, if found guilty, they're going to go down for a long time

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The latest from Press Association's Martyn Ziegler is that 10 Fifa members who took part in the vote for the 2018-2022 World Cups are to be questioned by Swiss police.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here