FIFA 14 - It has to be scripted?!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
It is absolutely scripted and anyone who says it isn't, either works for EA or doesn't play FUT online. FACT.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Anyone found that they can beat anyone for about 10 games in a row online and then cant win against anyone for love nor money?

Be interested to hear if its just me but how frustrating can it be and what a con if so!

It is not just you, you are spot on. Pants isn't it, why they can't just pair people up and let them play is a mystery to me. Fifa...great game, looks good but the scripting RUINS it :(

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
It is absolutely scripted and anyone who says it isn't, either works for EA or doesn't play FUT online. FACT.

To be fair it's not just FUT ( which u have now stopped playing ) but also in seasons. The more I play the more blatant the scripting seems. As you say great game but ruined by handicapping.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I dont play Fifa, So please correct me if i am wrong, but FUT, isnt the point of this that you buy packs and create your team from purchased packs?

If you kept winning, then what would be the need to continue to purchase new packs to improve your squad? surely they script it, so you get annoyed, think that your team is shit and purchase more packs?

I might be miles off, but this is what it would seem like to me.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
I dont play Fifa, So please correct me if i am wrong, but FUT, isnt the point of this that you buy packs and create your team from purchased packs?

If you kept winning, then what would be the need to continue to purchase new packs to improve your squad? surely they script it, so you get annoyed, think that your team is shit and purchase more packs?

I might be miles off, but this is what it would seem like to me.

Spot on.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
When you concede a last minute goal on FIFA
BisGWG8CAAEfgUU.jpg:large

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'll admit to not being the greatest player so I start out on Easy. Trouble is that on 'Easy' I can beat teams 10+ - nil. That is unbelievably boring. So I take it up a notch to 'Normal' at which point I can't even keep hold of the ball, let alone get a shot away.

I personally found the difficulty jump to be unreasonable and, because when I play games I want to be neither bored nor frustrated, I stopped playing.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'll admit to not being the greatest player so I start out on Easy. Trouble is that on 'Easy' I can beat teams 10+ - nil. That is unbelievably boring. So I take it up a notch to 'Normal' at which point I can't even keep hold of the ball, let alone get a shot away.

I personally found the difficulty jump to be unreasonable and, because when I play games I want to be neither bored nor frustrated, I stopped playing.

That's when you create a league with Bayern Munich and a load of Scottish teams, it evens things out.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
each fifa game to date has had a 'key' to guaranteed scoring. eg:
Fifa 11: pass across the box
fifa 12: crossing
fifa 13: run in at an angle, finesse shot where the 'D' meets the penalty area
fifa 14: just blasting it without any finesse/chip/skill seems to do the trick. think they've given up :p

Jozza

Aug 8, 2011
1 point off promotion into division 1, lose 1-0 scored in the 89th minute Neymar out jumps Thiago Silva and nods in the winner i then proceed to plummet into Division 5, Sells team, buys packs and gets back to Division 2 same thing happens again. Scripting/handicapping most definately the packs are a cash cow!

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
1 point off promotion into division 1, lose 1-0 scored in the 89th minute Neymar out jumps Thiago Silva and nods in the winner i then proceed to plummet into Division 5, Sells team, buys packs and gets back to Division 2 same thing happens again. Scripting/handicapping most definately the packs are a cash cow!

Sounds familiar!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports