Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 13

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
It is kind of cheating though isn't it? It's pretty much impossible to get the ball off someone doing that so I would argue it does come under the Xbox Live guidelines of "unsporting behaviour". Fair enough if its the final minute but to do for most of the 2nd half, where's the fun?

Just to make it clear I do not just pass it across the back but build slowly taking no risks and making sure I keep the ball as much as possible whilst still trying to get a further goal, much like the Albion. This is a football simulation, how can it be 'unsporting' to play in the way loads of football teams do? Why should I keep bombing forward due to some misguided sense of fair play?

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
It is kind of cheating though isn't it? It's pretty much impossible to get the ball off someone doing that so I would argue it does come under the Xbox Live guidelines of "unsporting behaviour". Fair enough if its the final minute but to do for most of the 2nd half, where's the fun?

Even if I'm hanging on 2-1 I will always carry on a competitive game because otherwise what's the point in playing? Surely it's for the fun and excitement of the match itself, not some silly stats.

Have to agree with this. There is nothing worse than someone scoring an early goal and just kicking the ball across the back with the keeper and defenders.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010

Even if I'm hanging on 2-1 I will always carry on a competitive game because otherwise what's the point in playing? Surely it's for the fun and excitement of the match itself, not some silly stats.

Indeed, i remember the early days of online console gaming, games like SOCOM would just police themselves, people wouldn't use GL's or over-powered guns. Now its win at any cost mentality! I'm glad they've cleared up Clubs, there was so many cheap tactics in that.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Have to agree with this. There is nothing worse than someone scoring an early goal and just kicking the ball across the back with the keeper and defenders.

When I'm playing as a 3 star team all the time as Brighton and coming up against everyone who wants to be 5 star barcelona , Real Madrid ,Chelsea or Man utd I'll try and win at any cost most games I get stuffed 3,4,5-0 so if I do go one in front I'll hang on for dear life for the last 30 mins if I have to, if it winds the little buggers up hard luck I'm 44 years old & my reactions are not as quick as all the cocky teenagers that play :albion2:

Last edited:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
When I'm playing as a 3 star team all the time as Brighton and coming up against everyone who wants to be 5 star barcelona , Real Madrid ,Chelsea or Man utd I'll try and win at any cost most games I get stuffed 3,4,5-0 so if I do go one in front I'll hang on for dear life for the last 30 mins if I have to, if it winds the little buggers up hard luck I'm 44 years old & my reactions are not as quick as all the cocky teenagers that play :albion2:

Is that you Gus? Shouldn't you be getting ready for the match tonight?

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton

:lolol: Fair enough. I play as Brighton but only ever get similar start rating teams to play against.

D

Deleted member 18477

:lolol: Fair enough. I play as Brighton but only ever get similar start rating teams to play against.

Yea this! FIFA picks similar star teams now. Impossible to have Brighton v Real Madrid online..... Confused!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Yea this! FIFA picks similar star teams now. Impossible to have Brighton v Real Madrid online..... Confused!

In the online friendlies you do people still get to pick but the head to head season mode you get pitted against similar star teams I still get hammered in those games as well :)

Dec 29, 2011
In the online friendlies you do people still get to pick but the head to head season mode you get pitted against similar star teams I still get hammered in those games as well :)

But you can also use custom squads so edit the stats for the Brighton players and you'll have a better chance :)

D

Deleted member 18477

Ohhhh friendlies! Gotcha. I usually play head to head! Couldn't win the top league on FIFA 12 though! I was an old west brom! Promoted/relegated between the top 2 divisions constantly! Although I did win a couple of cheeky cups online ;)!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just to make it clear I do not just pass it across the back but build slowly taking no risks and making sure I keep the ball as much as possible whilst still trying to get a further goal, much like the Albion. This is a football simulation, how can it be 'unsporting' to play in the way loads of football teams do? Why should I keep bombing forward due to some misguided sense of fair play?

Regarding the bit in bold, FIFA isn't real life. In FIFA, it is literally impossible to score if the other person basically doesn't want to participate in a competitive match. In real life football, a manager can force a level of pressing that isn't available in FIFA.

Fair enough, I thought you meant you were someone who literally took no risks whatsoever once in the lead. For me, I just want exciting games above all.

I'd much, MUCH rather losing a cracking game 3-2 than win a dull one 1-0 while basically taking the game away from the other person. (Not saying that's what you do, would have to play you to see!)

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Same, dunno what he's on about. I always seem to play LA Galaxy, Anzhi (their tactic is always going to be just to get it to Eto'o, so piss easy to play against this), Leeds and PALACE.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Regarding the bit in bold, FIFA isn't real life. In FIFA, it is literally impossible to score if the other person basically doesn't want to participate in a competitive match. In real life football, a manager can force a level of pressing that isn't available in FIFA.

Fair enough, I thought you meant you were someone who literally took no risks whatsoever once in the lead. For me, I just want exciting games above all.

I'd much, MUCH rather losing a cracking game 3-2 than win a dull one 1-0 while basically taking the game away from the other person. (Not saying that's what you do, would have to play you to see!)

I'm more trying to draw people out and wait for the killer pass than aimlessly keeping the ball, I mainly play this way because I am no good at the skill moves (have not played 13 yet so do not know about how it will be this time). I pretty much never have less than 60% possession but still score plenty of goals, I find when playing as the Albion online you are coming up against better teams most of the time so you cannot just go gung-ho as you will get torn apart. I play on PC and seem to end up against an awful lot of Polish and German teams. Used to end up playing a guy who played as Mexico (4 stars) all the time, I could get two or three goals against him every time but he had Chicarito up front against El Abd, Dunk, Greer and Ankegren, resulting in him getting at least four goals per match.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ah, well for whatever reason I've always been incredibly good at the defending side of the game, less so the attacking. I rarely concede but I struggle to score often as I seem determined to pass it into the net.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
Why is it so hard for EA to make better kit choices when playing online... fed up of playing in the blue & white against teams in white (mainly every other game against Leeds) making it hard to distinguish between each team. If I go for the green & black the opposition is in a dark kit and the other night I played against some random French team with a red top and black shorts with the ref sporting the same gear! :mad:

Still enjoying it though I must say.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Regarding the bit in bold, FIFA isn't real life. In FIFA, it is literally impossible to score if the other person basically doesn't want to participate in a competitive match. In real life football, a

manager can force a level of pressing that isn't available in FIFA.

Regarding the bit in bold, untrue, obviously not good enough. For example as a newbie you should know you have an option to Team Press and play with High Pressure. You just dont know how to use it lol.

As a previous poster said it is a simulator not just a game you tobby (ban me for that one mods lol gotcha)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
well i picked up a copy today, why on earth is palace's rangers reject rated higher than lualua, buckley and barnes? Murray is rated 70 and barnes 67... wtf

also kind of annoyed about the goalkeeper kits considering they had them in fifa 12!

Stewart

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Sussex
seriously? couldn't you just bump all the stats up to 99?

Yes..

I use to do it when I was younger on the old FIFAs, was fun to beat Man U 7-0 by simulation, at that age anyway.

Might be worth increasing the stamina if you can't be arsed with resting players, and do stuff like make your wingers have better crossing and stuff, some of my friends have made Thomas a better keeper, as apparently he's shocking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here