Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 13 Xbox - how do you play other people over the net

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
My son got an Xbox 360 for Christmas and wants to play Fifa 13 over the net against his friend who also got an XBox for Xmas.

I can't work out how to enable this feature. Do I have to pay extra for Microsoft Points?

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Your son and his friend both have to be members of Xbox live Gold, it's £40 a year I think

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Need to buy XBOX live gold membership, it MAY have came within the package, it'll be on a little card.
Otherwise it's around £30 a year.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Thanks for your help.

Can I buy it for my account (as I'm the 'adult' account) and allow my son's account to use it

bubbaseagull

Nov 28, 2012
Hove
what i did was phone my broad band. Ask them for help and they will help you set it up over the phone, and yes, you can bye it for your account but unfortunately not for your son as well, you will need to outgo two separate payments (£40 a year each), just phone your broad band, they will tell you everything about it.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Thanks for your help.

Can I buy it for my account (as I'm the 'adult' account) and allow my son's account to use it

You will need to put the Xbox Live subscription on your son's account. I think the first month is free so you can trial it for a month first to check your signal is ok etc before shelling out £40.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
And dont shell out £40 !!!!!! £25 on ebay, buy from a reputable seller and all you need is the code. I have done it dozens of times for me and my sons(10) xbox live accounts. His is set up with parental control that requires you to authorise friend requests and mutes other players by default. Its not hard at all !

Dec 29, 2011
If you don't have an internet adaptor, they're about £60 (when I bought one). If possible get a really long Ethernet cable and run it along the wall into the router. It'll be cheaper and give you quicker speeds. The £40 for Xbox Live is 100% worth it, you'll get hundreds of hours of entertainment out of it, real value for money, and it's SO much more fun playing online that by yourself.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
It's got wifi built in so I don't need an Internet adapter. It would be impossible to run a cable as the router is the other side of the house.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Can pay around £15 so maybe £10 on ebay for 3 months too. Not as good value as a year subscription but sometimes 3 months then a break from it for a couple to do other things (or if they get bored), and another 3 months over the summer works for friends kids. Just putting it out there as I wouldn't be that stingy haha but if you have kids that take something up and get bored quickly or want to try it out for a while first, might be helpful :)

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
HastingsSeagull I totally see what you mean. I think I'll just get a 3 month membership while its all still a novelty. Anyway, he can always play me if he can't go online. Took me a week to beat him after he got it for Xmas. Scoring that winning goal was bliss (not that I'm a competitive dad or anything)

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea
You will need to put the Xbox Live subscription on your son's account. I think the first month is free so you can trial it for a month first to check your signal is ok etc before shelling out £40.

Or you could put it on your own account if you get a family subscription. Worth it if there are others in your house who are likely to use it. Gives you 4 annual subscriptions for £70.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
HastingsSeagull I totally see what you mean. I think I'll just get a 3 month membership while its all still a novelty. Anyway, he can always play me if he can't go online. Took me a week to beat him after he got it for Xmas. Scoring that winning goal was bliss (not that I'm a competitive dad or anything)

Expect you know but again may not, it works for going online with all games you have and not just FIFA. There are other options but some charge more....... things like music, TV and non-disk-games. Lot's of more basic games available free or to buy. Not explored them much as don't have the time for Xbox I'd like, but know many swear by it. Just be aware if he's on an account with access to card info or microsoft points, they could all be gone by time you realise. Expect there are ways to block it all with password etc. to confirm a transaction but worth mentioning before anything bad happens. Sure only does in 1 out of 10,000 cases but wouldn't want you/him being one of them :)

If you want some practice sometime feel free to PM me and I can try and add you / swap Xbox gamertags. Sure he'll be getting plenty of practice in to try and beat his dad. Once january is out the way I'll be back on there quite a bit

OurPrice

Nov 22, 2012
And dont shell out £40 !!!!!! £25 on ebay, buy from a reputable seller and all you need is the code. I have done it dozens of times for me and my sons(10) xbox live accounts. His is set up with parental control that requires you to authorise friend requests and mutes other players by default. Its not hard at all !

Ber-lime-y - 10 sons! One more and you got your own footie side! Hahaha! :dunce:

err anyway, once you play online you will never go back - its absolute mustard :banana:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here