Fifa 08 on the wii

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
ahhh glad someone has said something about this - was debating whether to get it or not. Only 29.99 on play.com

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I got this game on the PSP and if you already have FIFA 07, then i would say don't waste your money. If anything, this year's version is a step backwards in my opinion. The gameplay is a lot faster (not in a good way), it's a lot more difficult to tackle and score a goal (however i just beat Newcastle 2-1 in the League Cup with Brighton which was most satisfying..:lol:)

I'm half way through the season and so far there hasn't been a single yellow or red card for either side, and not a single free kick for offside....so much for realism, and unless you're an expert with all the special moves, you can expect to lose every tackle, which means that if you're not very good at it (like me) then you find you're having to constantly pass the ball to keep possession.

On a positive note, the graphics are an improvement on last years version. Oh yeah, in some reviews i read that in this years version i would be able to take control of a single player, and control only that player throughout the entire match....well, i can't do that, not on the psp version anyway.

It's a good game, but not worth paying out another £35 if you have last year's. I can't wait for Pro Evo now, which i've heard is so detailed, that this version has the players shirts creasing during the match...(that has to be worth the £35 alone).....:D

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I think they've finally cracked it in terms of making the gameplay as 'realistic' as Pro Evo - it's now bloody hard to score, as opposed to previous versions where it's not unheard of to get 6-4 thrillers on the hardest difficulty.

Good game:)

Pettitt303

Registered Drug Abuser
Oct 28, 2006
East, East, East Sussex
ahhh glad someone has said something about this - was debating whether to get it or not. Only 29.99 on play.com

worth it my good man
you cannot beat the thrill of scoring with michel kuipers against barcelona and then seeing the opponent has gone offline...class

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports