Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS!

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
I cannot STAND how negative some of the people on here are!

We just lost 1-0 away from home to the favourites for promotion and deserved to win both of our other games and that means that we won't even reach the play-offs!?

f*** me :albion1:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Not sure you understand how the league works, you have to actually win games (not just play well) to get points

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Not sure you understand how the league works, you have to actually win games (not just play well) to get points

Of course. Just irritates me when people attack GP - when he is clearly doing the best he can on a limit amount of money and when we have played well away at a favourite for automatic promotion without Greer, Sparrow and Navarro. If those 3 had been in midfield today we may have had a better cutting edge. I agree we need a striker and I have faith and will support GP to bring one in and take this team up.

3 games in, it's not a disaster. Look at Saints!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Until NSC is owned by a North Korean syndicate people can say what the f*** they like.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Of course. Just irritates me when people attack GP - when he is clearly doing the best he can on a limit amount of money and when we have played well away at a favourite for automatic promotion without Greer, Sparrow and Navarro. If those 3 had been in midfield today we may have had a better cutting edge. I agree we need a striker and I have faith and will support GP to bring one in and take this team up.

3 games in, it's not a disaster. Look at Saints!
Think you will find that there is about another 17 teams in this league that have less money than us:facepalm:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Think you will find that there is about another 17 teams in this league that have less money than us:facepalm:

So what is your solution? What should GP be doing differently? And how do you know how much money the club has when we are currently making a loss at Withdean and it is only speculation about TB's wealth leading us to think he can afford lots of quality players?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Agree this is not a disasterous result at all. But it is frustrating that we have suffered the self inflicted wounds of two dumb sending offs and the misfortune of an injury to a key player.

I'm actually reassured that we do at least seem to be playing far better than we did at this stage last year. I'm just hoping that we can strengthen the squad before the closing of the window, as I don't think we are play-off contenders at the moment.

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005

So do you think that team s in the play-off don't lose any games?

Millwall lost FOURTEEN games and reached the play-offs last year but people think we won't get promoted because we lost one game to the best team in the league?!

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Agree this is not a disasterous result at all. But it is frustrating that we have suffered the self inflicted wounds of two dumb sending offs and the misfortune of an injury to a key player.

I'm actually reassured that we do at least seem to be playing far better than we did at this stage last year. I'm just hoping that we can strengthen the squad before the closing of the window, as I don't think we are play-off contenders at the moment.

Spot on. However, the kind of player that will turn our season into play-off contenders will be tough to get hold of and will take time. Let's see what happens this week. There is still time..

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Millwall lost FOURTEEN games and reached the play-offs last year but people think we won't get promoted because we lost one game to the best team in the league?!

I think people are more worried about the quality and depth of the squad than the results so far

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
I think people are more worried about the quality and depth of the squad than the results so far

I am with on this man I agree that the squad needs more quality and depth - it is just the people who are writing off our chances because of one loss that annoy me :angry:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So what is your solution? What should GP be doing differently? And how do you know how much money the club has when we are currently making a loss at Withdean and it is only speculation about TB's wealth leading us to think he can afford lots of quality players?
To get a striker in who can score goals,you know the striker we have been waiting 2-3 months for.
Got sparrow on a free aswel as many more so why not a decent striker?

Lets hope we get one by next week:drink:

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Just goes to show how Brighton, and most football fans actually, are so fickle. If we beat Walsall on Saturday, the comments afterwards will just completely contrast some things that are being said on here tonight

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

And our second defeat will be next week at home to Walsall if we don't make some signings and soon..............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here