FFS Barnes!!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I thought he was one of our weakest players during Poyets last season. With a slightly better striker to have accompanied Ulloa we might have made the Premier. He wasn't crap though. If he came back now he would be one of our stars.
That's because we are pants at the moment.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Quote from Danny Murphy on MOTD - in the second half, Barnes was terrific.

Bruno Tapas

Aug 8, 2012
S
Any idea which one of your 7 other posts was absolutely on the ball to prove this specific point?

As [MENTION=30159]jimbob5[/MENTION] says plenty of people seem to enjoy 20:20 hindsight on NSC.

No my apologies for not making as many posts as others on here, but as your post implies, I am just saying this retrospectively, have no fear, I shall bother no more

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Any idea which one of your 7 other posts was absolutely on the ball to prove this specific point?

As [MENTION=30159]jimbob5[/MENTION] says plenty of people seem to enjoy 20:20 hindsight on NSC.

A lot of people seemed to enjoy total blindness when Barnes was here.

He wasn't hounded out by the fans though, the club didn't offer him a very good deal and so he took a better one elsewhere, I'm sure most of us would have done the same.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Feel like a proud dad watching Murphy be so effusive about Ash's hold up play against a top side. Well done lad.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A?
I can assure you it's not about someone returning that's for sure...The obsession on here every time an ex players scores is embarrasing and predictable.

Embarrassing, um, for the haters. Don't like being reminded of their misjudgement, or others disagreeing with their blinkered animosity towards ex-players.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I thought he was one of our weakest players during Poyets last season. With a slightly better striker to have accompanied Ulloa we might have made the Premier. He wasn't crap though. If he came back now he would be one of our stars.
better strikers than Barnes and Buckley? Both currently playing in the Prem.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A lot of people seemed to enjoy total blindness when Barnes was here.

He wasn't hounded out by the fans though, the club didn't offer him a very good deal and so he took a better one elsewhere, I'm sure most of us would have done the same.

The club did exactly the same with Murray but so many chose to blame the manager rather than the club.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Makes me feel sick as a dog we let him go. And believe me I was just as sick a year ago when we weren't offering him a bumper deal.

Murray -- CMS
Barnes -- Baldock

We are ****ing idiots.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Barnes was played in midfield in that team. Being a quality, non-whining, individual, he just got on with it working his socks off. It appears that Dyche saw those qualities.

Let's hope the next Albion manager ends the 3.5 years of strikers/forwards transfer cock-ups. Dispensing with Murray and Barnes over very affordable pay rises, at the same time recruiting a small army of poor strikers (mentioned by others elsewhere in this thread already).

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So much for those in the know on here hey. Kid's crap; only a league 1 player at best. Sometimes some people should shut the f*** up, as they don't as much as they make out.

We miss Barnes. Shame he wasn't valued highly enough by the fans.

Best post on here for ages.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
better strikers than Barnes and Buckley? Both currently playing in the Prem.

We won't replace Buckley in a hurry. Barnes is doing ok but he used to need to many chances for his goals. Don't think I thought he was rubbish though, I didn't.

Jan 10, 2014
Quote from Danny Murphy on MOTD - in the second half, Barnes was terrific.

He also said what I said 3 pages ago on this thread...... he bullied the Man City centre backs.

Danny Murphy is a great co-commentator and pundit (and I'm not basing that on just today, he was great when co-commentating in the World Cup).

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
The club did exactly the same with Murray but so many chose to blame the manager rather than the club.

Pity so many have left in the past couple of years who seemed to care/had some affinity to the club, and the squad seemed to have been built and melded together rather than just thrown together in a seemingly desperate way at the last minute and bolstered up with half a dozen loan players, when these clearly weren't up to scratch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports