FFs Barnes

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

binney's tache

Oct 26, 2010
tora bora mountains
Were u on ur phone for a while or have u never played. What a prick. Three defensive headers in succession, endless running n two cracking finishes. Get off his f***ing back and support Albion players not slag em!!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Probably Barnes' weakest performance in the last few weeks and he pops in two goals. Stupid football.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
only to look up to see Barnes trying to head the ball back to Macka for a tap in, he precedes to shout "f*** off Barnes you wanker"

For the record, had an amazing view of that incident and he did exactly the right thing. Would never have scored from that angle.

Dec 29, 2011
WHAT? Where they were sitting influenced their opinion? Are you serious?

How else would you explain the split of opinion on his performance? Since you posted there have been a few "he had a poor game but picked up after his goal" comments which I agree with, but apart from them it's either very much for or against. And don't just post "the people who thought he played badly are 'dunderheads who have probably never played football'" because I could easily trot out the same argument for the other opinion.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
How else would you explain the split of opinion on his performance? Since you posted there have been a few "he had a poor game but picked up after his goal" comments which I agree with, but apart from them it's either very much for or against. And don't just post "the people who thought he played badly are 'dunderheads who have probably never played football'" because I could easily trot out the same argument for the other opinion.

You could but that would just reinforce in which camp you belong........

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How can anyone see his first half performance as anything other than VERY GOOD? Some people clearly don't understand the job Gus wants him to do. I doubt Noone, Kaz, Assulin etc could do the job Gus has Barnes do quite as well. Do they have the positional discipline? The work rate? The willingness to do whatever the gaffer tells them to? Players like Barnes are invaluable to Gus.

First half was his best performance in quite a while - I genuinely don't know what game some were watching and the ridiculous overreaction to his first mistake (at about 40mins in, FIRST mistake) made me genuinely embarrassed to be an Albion fan.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Barnes had an okay game today, 2 goals made up for the usual persistent diving when in good positions, moaning, and mistakes. Weakest player in the first 11 still, dont doubt the need for his type of role being needed but there are better options

Jimmy Grimble

In the first half he did more than half of you will ever know.

I'm with [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION]. Poyet gives him a job in the formation we play and today he did it. Simple as that.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
anyone who thought barnes had a poor 1st half is obviously watching some other game, I just think its the case that there is an element in certain football fans that they have to have a player in the team they have a pet dislike for and at this time its barnes, it used to be grealish in the 80s who was also prone to some poor passing touches etc but was actually an excellent player who contributed so much and didnt always get the praise he deserves, Barnes isnt a fully classy player, but he does have something to offer the team and always has. hes a league one player who is having to constantly play above himself.

If cms had scored both those goals we would have been in raptures, yet as its barnes who scored them, its "yes, he scored two goals but...."

but nothing! why do the moaners always concentrate on the couple of cock-ups he made and not what he actually achieved? They dont do that with cms who was excellent today but who has been poor in the last couple of months. Poyet knows his worth.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
anyone who thought barnes had a poor 1st half is obviously watching some other game, I just think its the case that there is an element in certain football fans that they have to have a player in the team they have a pet dislike for and at this time its barnes, it used to be grealish in the 80s who was also prone to some poor passing touches etc but was actually an excellent player who contributed so much and didnt always get the praise he deserves, Barnes isnt a fully classy player, but he does have something to offer the team and always has. hes a league one player who is having to constantly play above himself.

If cms had scored both those goals we would have been in raptures, yet as its barnes who scored them, its "yes, he scored two goals but...."

but nothing! why do the moaners always concentrate on the couple of cock-ups he made and not what he actually achieved? They dont do that with cms who was excellent today but who has been poor in the last couple of months. Poyet knows his worth.

Fully agree. Well put.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Two goals but.......

Nothing. 9/10 performance and will play every game for the rest of the season, as long as he stays fit and free of suspension.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
In the first half he did more than half of you will ever know.

I'm with [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION]. Poyet gives him a job in the formation we play and today he did it. Simple as that.

You gotta love these people! Of course your football knowledge is far superior to anyone elses. Lool

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
30 goals from 59 appearances for the stripes and people still hate him

You have completely misinterpreted the perception of Ashley barnes by some NSC users!

Its not that people HATE him, thats just plainly ridiculous to suggest that, more that some of us choose to believe that he isnt of the required standard to play week in week out in the championship. Of course we would love to be proved wrong as ive stated before, but its just an opinion, rightly or wrongly. Its called debate my friend and its what a forum is used for.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Barnes had an okay game today, 2 goals made up for the usual persistent diving when in good positions, moaning, and mistakes. Weakest player in the first 11 still, dont doubt the need for his type of role being needed but there are better options

Not in our squad, according to Gus's post match interview.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports