Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFs Barnes

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
im not a barnes fan very sloppy at times today and although his discipline was good today generally thats not the case on the otherhand took the goals well but as the club tries to progress i fear he will be left behind at some stage

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
A real curate's egg of a game. A better player in Barnes position first half and the game could have been all over by half time. Just when you was thinking Poyet has got to get him off, he scored two quality goals and the second, although not so pleasing on the eye was better than the first for a striker imo, one touch bang. I will take that from him every time.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
WHAT? Where they were sitting influenced their opinion? Are you serious?

Where you're sitting affects your view of the game. Sat down in the north end of the east stand, for instance, you have mattock in front of you and you can see his work more clearly than if you're at the west end of the north stand, for example.

Last edited:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Where your sitting affects your view of the game. Sat down in the north end of the east stand, for instance, you have mattock in front of you and you can see his work more clearly than if you're at the west end of the north stand, for example.

Extreme myopia, lacking spacial awareness or sitting crouched in the front in the front row?

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
im not a barnes fan very sloppy at times today and although his discipline was good today generally thats not the case on the otherhand took the goals well but as the club tries to progress i fear he will be left behind at some stage

did u see the quality of his finishes?

top goalscorer this seaon

he should be being held up as a great young brighton talent not slagged off

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Couldnt disagree more with people saying he was poor. First half there was a time when he was back in his own box heading 3 successive crosses away. Next minute he was upfront setting up a chance for CMS. He always offered an out ball for the midfielders and for me was a contender (like so many others) for man of the match

Yep, this.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I lost it with the guy next to me with his constant moaning about Barnes. He was staring at his phone for the first 20 minutes of the second half, only to look up to see Barnes trying to head the ball back to Macka for a tap in, he precedes to shout "f*** off Barnes you wanker" and goes straight back to his phone. The final straw was his booing when Barnes got the ball, I just lost it ad gave him a piece of my mind.

Great thing is he scored his second 30 seconds later!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Barnes had a fantastic first half, quite dodgy second half and then the two goals, all in all he had a good game. In the first half there was one passage of play where we lost possession high up the pitch and they countered, he sprinted back and doubled up on their player, blocked it out for a corner, then headed away the corner in the six yard box and then headed clear again as the ball came back in from their full back. But of course, because he overhit a through-ball to CMS and dallied on it and got dispossessed, HE WAS SHIT.

Sometimes I'm really f***ed off with Albion fans, today was one of those days, listening to the abuse he was getting. He had a good game. He's our top scorer. SHUT THE f*** UP.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Barnes had a fantastic first half, quite dodgy second half and then the two goals, all in all he had a good game. In the first half there was one passage of play where we lost possession high up the pitch and they countered, he sprinted back and doubled up on their player, blocked it out for a corner, then headed away the corner in the six yard box and then headed clear again as the ball came back in from their full back. But of course, because he overhit a through-ball to CMS and dallied on it and got dispossessed, HE WAS SHIT.

Sometimes I'm really f***ed off with Albion fans, today was one of those days, listening to the abuse he was getting. He had a good game. He's our top scorer. SHUT THE f*** UP.

This with bells on.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well it's a good job I'm not the manager. I though Barnes played really well in the first half but was poor in the second. I was debating with my mate about who should replace him for about 10 minutes before he scored his first and still thought he should be replaced before he hit his second. In short...Gus knows best.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I lost it with the guy next to me with his constant moaning about Barnes. He was staring at his phone for the first 20 minutes of the second half, only to look up to see Barnes trying to head the ball back to Macka for a tap in, he precedes to shout "f*** off Barnes you wanker" and goes straight back to his phone. The final straw was his booing when Barnes got the ball

Its truly horrible to think that there are poor souls anywhere in the Amex who have to share oxygen with knobs like that.

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
He has a decent strike record for a player who attracts the boo boys 35 goals in 73 starts for us....ohhh yes he is still only 21 in an interview he stated that he would prefer to play in his natural position as a sriker but is willing to adapt his game for the benefit of the team...good attitude, never hides, gets stuck in....and by the way Navaro played f*cking well today aswell

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here