Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FFP The reality!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You're entitled to your opinion. My understanding from speaking to people at City is different.

I think you are correct.

Also, isn't there a legal/football rules obstacle, to clubs taking say UEFA or the FA to the Courts? Otherwise, any allegedly aggrieved club would be heading for the Courts e.g. over controversial bans for players or managers. Obviously football governing bodies aren't outside the law, but I think those authorities have such an internal rule, which is signed up to by all participating clubs.

Anyway, with regard to ManC, they were a club in the doldrums for decades and oil money has now bought them some silverware. UEFA's very switched on external accountants/auditors were able to spot non-commercial levels of sponsorship, and so under the clear rules of EUFA FFP agreed and publicised many years in advance, that artificial level of income over a true arms length rate, was scored down to uncover the true level of losses met by owner subsidy. All I think anyone would ask, is that the rules are applied equally over Europe, so that there is no hint of the final results be subjective against certain clubs.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You don't need to be switched on to identify a £200 million a year shirt sponsorship detail from QTA as being dodgy!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
EUFA may not be able to deduct points but they can stop offenders entering the competitions under their control, ie The Champions League and EUFA Cup. Teams would soon conform as no advantage not to..

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
those asking for points deductions... seem to forget this is a UEFA rule, not Premier League. UEFA have no authority to dock points on the Leagues. as far as i know there arent any actual PL rules on FFP.

Could Uefa not introduce something like a points deduction in the C/Lge at start of group stage ? So lets say City how will have three home and three away games in group stage maximum points 18 start on minus 6 just tight enough to rule them out but sober thinking situation.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You don't need to be switched on to identify a £200 million a year shirt sponsorship detail from QTA as being dodgy!

But they deliberately muddied the waters with the endless claims, which I'm sure you heard and all very 'altruistic', that those very same cash injections were turning that rundown part of east Manchester into a fantastic place for the community.

Hopefully UEFA, took that whether true or not, with a pinch of salt, and took simply

Ticket sales + tv money + commercial income - adjustment to give true level of commercial income for that size and global fan-base of club - other costs including amortisation of capitalised player transfer costs = the true loss, disregarding unfair subsidies from Abu Dhabi entities and their related parties.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But they deliberately muddied the waters with the endless claims, which I'm sure you heard and all very 'altruistic', that those very same cash injections were turning that rundown part of east Manchester into a fantastic place for the community.

Hopefully UEFA, took that whether true or not, with a pinch of salt, and took simply

Ticket sales + tv money + commercial income - adjustment to give true level of commercial income for that size and global fan-base of club - other costs including amortisation of capitalised player transfer costs = the true loss, disregarding unfair subsidies from Abu Dhabi entities and their related parties.

I don't get the hostility towards Mansour at City. He has put a fortune into the club and the surrounding area, created loads of local jobs and kept ticket prices lower that City's peers. What's not to like in that regard? City's wage bill is only 10% higher than that of United.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
EUFA may not be able to deduct points but they can stop offenders entering the competitions under their control, ie The Champions League and EUFA Cup. Teams would soon conform as no advantage not to..

A good idea but UEFA wont implement anything which devalues the competitions they control. Its all about the money UEFA can generate.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I believe there are 9 different sanctions that UEFA can impose for breach of FFP and banning them from competition, ie the Champions League or Europa league, is one of them.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
The terms of the suspended fine are quite strict though, they have to post a loss of no more than £20m in 2014 & £10m in 2015. Their combined losses for last 2 years are close to £150m. The extra £40m from SKY each year will help no doubt but think this will still be struggle for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here