Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fewest chances created

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
We actually tried to shoot a lot on Saturday but Burnley (like us) threw everything at defending their goal. Absolutely nothing between the teams really.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agreed. I'd go further and say I don't even see us as a negative team. I defy anyone to watch Saturday's game and describe us as negative. We were looking to attack throughout the entire match, just as we have in the majority of home matches this season. The issue is we are absolutely woeful upfront with probably the worst strikeforce the Premier League has ever seen, but that's not the same as being negative. Far from it.

Our strikeforce is where we need to improve the most, but the fact that we aren't down the bottom of the on-target to opportunities percentages indicates that -- whatever else their deficiencies are (a lack of pace primarily, in my view) -- their finishing isn't the worst. Murray is an extremely canny goalscorer in my view, and Hemed isn't the worst of the lot, but it's been glaringly obvious for a long time that we need a forward that has: pace; movement or hold-up play strength (and, better, both); and finishing ability. They don't come cheap. Hopefully Winstanley has done well with his homework (again), and that Barber can seal the deal and early in the window -- there's almost no point signing a striker late in the window, as it's likely our fate will be sealed by the time we enter March given our fixtures thereafter.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
All this shots created, on target, near miss and whether it was or wasn’t is a load of old bull. The only stat that matters is whether it went in and was allowed. If we have more of those than the opposition then I don’t give a monkeys about any of these other so called stats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here