Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Festivals 2011

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Never been to one but next year i intend too. After 4 hours of pressing F5 i missed out on Glastonbury so that is no longer an option, so where else is good to go? and are tickets released soon for these other sites? Any advice or opinions will be greatly appreciated!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Reading/Leeds.

Glasto is for the trendies and hippies who MUST be seen there even though they know f*** all about music and buy tickets before the line-ups been released....

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
i like all music really without any preference to specific genres, i broke my ankle last week so have been listening to a lot of music at home ranging from T-Rex to Jay Z to Madness, i would be keen to avoid most of the current chart no hopers though!

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
will definitely be doing the great escape next year as i so close to home, i liked the look of latitude because it wasn't entirely music acts

Sandtex

Sep 13, 2010
Hop Farm was quite a good one.

Apparently Bestival is BAGS of fun.

I'd be tempted to try one of the overseas festivals though. Like the IOW. No. Benicassim, Oxegen, Exit, Pukkelpop.. there are countless.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
will definitely be doing the great escape next year as i so close to home, i liked the look of latitude because it wasn't entirely music acts

I've been to Glastonbury and Latitude for the last 2 years and had a much more enjoyable time at latitude. Although, it was a bit busier this year, but not over-crowded like Glastonbury. There is loads to do, good food and cider!

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I think I am going to do Benicassim again and give Lowlands a go next summer.

Bennicasim is brilliant, just a bit of an endurance test. I ended up losing a stone in a week because it was just too hot to eat. Plus you have to get there days before the festival even starts to get a decent camping spot under the shade.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I stick to Glastonbury. I cannot think of many better ways to spend a week to be honest.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Rebelion in Blackpool in August if you like Punk,
However much i like it, i wont be going next year as it conflicts wit the first game at Falmer :tantrum:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
V festival brilliant weekend !!!

I have to say V is possibly the worst festival I've ever been to. In fact it is not a festival at all, it's a huge gig in a field.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Another vote for Latitude;

1. Always an excellent line up.
2. The best setting for a festival by a mile. Beautiful scenery.
3. Not too big (yet). No ridiculous crowds like Glastonbury/Reading etc.
4. Plenty of superb comedy/alternative stuff going on.
5. Better food than at pretty much any of the other festivals. Some of it is actually quite healthy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have been looking at a small fezzie called Standon Calling (to supplement Glasto). Anyone else been to this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here