Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ferry prices puzzle

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This. Last time I did a day trip there were blokes wandering up and down the boarding queues trying to scare people into buying packs of anti-dazzle things, bulbs, high viz jackets and the like by saying there were inspections on the other side of the channel and it was hundreds of euros in fines if you didn't have the kit. If you're delayed at Dover for any reason there is bugger all there - possibly a small room with a vending machine. No shops or anything that I could see as [MENTION=1142]Dover[/MENTION] states. All seems to be about high turnover.

Well it's true!, it is an offence not to carry spare bulbs and a high viz jacket in the boot of your car on the continent! In fact, if memory serves me correctly, the jacket must be visible from outside the car.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well it's true!, it is an offence not to carry spare bulbs and a high viz jacket in the boot of your car on the continent! In fact, if memory serves me correctly, the jacket must be visible from outside the car.

I know it's true, but the chap wandering up and down the queue said 'there will be road blocks the other side and you will have to produce these things'. Were there b*ll*cks. I also didn't see too many French cars with visible hi-viz........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here