Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ferguson on TV

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Even when I broadly agree with him, he still winds me up.

BBC Sport - Sir Alex Ferguson says television has too much power over English game

I'm not altogether sure what he's moaning about given that it's partly the money from TV that enables him to buy the players to win the trophies and have a squad large enough to cope with Weds/Saturday games. Try Weds/Friday with no Premier League cash coming in, you purple faced cur.

Since he's so dismayed with having to 'shake hands with the devil', perhaps he'd rather his own Devils were on TV slightly less than twice a week because they were less successful? Suspect not somehow.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Alex Ferguson has too much power over the English Game , therein lies the problem

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
and they sell their manutv all around the world and don't moan about that.....just a greedy business.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
If it wasn't for Sky ManUtd would not have won as many titles

My initial reaction was exactly the same. TV does hold too much power over football - in fact the reason we don't have a winter break like other European leagues is because of TV. This, quite possibly, may be one of the reasons England are always 'burned out' come the major tournaments.

Nevertheless, Alex Ferguson, in my opinion, does not have the moral authority to blame TV for the evils of football. Much of his success has been down to Manchester United peaking at the same time that TV money started pouring into the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here