Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferguson new contract

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
On the subject of Ferguson - here's an interviewer asking him a f***ing stupid question:

@ around the nine minute mark.

Maybe he didn't pick up on Evan's accent for the first 9 minutes?

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Does it? If a player has 3 years left on their contract, increasing it to 5 years doesn't make it any more likely they will be here next year IMO.

I think it does. Not by a lot, as ultimately if a bigger club comes in and pays what we want, they'll be off.

But it shows the player is not desperate to leave and I think Ferguson in particular values his development here vs what he might get at a bigger club.

Furthermore, if we win the Europa (not likely but possible) and we're in the CL next year, would our players leave to go to a non-CL team? Quite possibly but not certainly.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think it does. Not by a lot, as ultimately if a bigger club comes in and pays what we want, they'll be off.

But it shows the player is not desperate to leave and I think Ferguson in particular values his development here vs what he might get at a bigger club.

Furthermore, if we win the Europa (not likely but possible) and we're in the CL next year, would our players leave to go to a non-CL team? Quite possibly but not certainly.
You clearly didn't follow the Caceido and MacAllister saga's last year. One case where the player had, prior to the new contract, been agitating through his agent for a move and the other not making any noise but clearly moves behind the scenes were afoot.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pretty simple really I reckon….he’s made such an impact this season (whatever we might think about his current form) we had to give him a pay rise over what we gave him when he signed his contract last year - which means a new contract….which in turn means we get to add a couple of years as part of the deal. It makes no difference to whether we sell him or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here