Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferguson new contract

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Didn't Dunk used to get a new contract every summer? I assumed it continued the 5 years he is under contract in return for a pay rise. That would seem sensible to me.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Great news and a second contract extension in just over 6 months showing how much we value him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Am I the only one who doesn't get excited whatsoever by new contract news?

Obviously good for the club to protect their assets and means a bigger transfer value when we do sell, but beyond that I don't really get why people get so excited about it. It means absolutely nothing as to how much longer a player is actually staying with us.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Obviously good for the club to protect their assets and means a bigger transfer value when we do sell, but beyond that I don't really get why people get so excited about it. It means absolutely nothing as to how much longer a player is actually staying with us.

The last Caicedo contract a perfect example of this, in reality it meant a pay rise and higher fee. Almost everyone here thought he’d committed to us for a season or two more. Whilst @drew and @dazzer6666 correctly worked out he’d still leave asap, when the right fee was met.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The last Caicedo contract a perfect example of this, in reality it meant a pay rise and higher fee. Almost everyone here thought he’d committed to us for a season or two more. Whilst @drew and @Dazzer9999 correctly worked out he’d still leave asap, when the right fee was met.
If anything, I think it can sometimes mean a transfer IS on the way.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Happy for the lad. He hasn't had the best run lately, and I do honestly think he will be leaving sooner rather than later.
We don't play to his strengths at all.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

To an extent yes.

But it also shows how much players love it here and increases the possibility they're here longer.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
increases the possibility they're here longer.
Does it? If a player has 3 years left on their contract, increasing it to 5 years doesn't make it any more likely they will be here next year IMO.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
wHy dOEsnt' TonY SpeND moRe MONEY¿
HOW will wE eVeR mAke ThE tOP 4oUr iF we KeEP seLIinG 0uR 8e5t PlAyeRs%
Have you seen the Chelsea fans on twitter? Basically explaining this is why Tony Bloom is ACKSHUALLY a dreadful owner whereas The Todd is excellent.

In upside down world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here