Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fergies checklist !

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
1)Kung Fu kick a supporter: OK.

2)Miss a drug test: OK.

3)Shag Sister in-law for years: OK.

4)Shag ageing prostitutes:* OK.

5)Refuse to shake someones Hand: Ban for life.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea

Good point well made. I seem to recall that one of his sons (football agent) was found to be not so squeaky clean as well.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

1) Banned for nine months.
2) Banned for eight months.
3) What has that to do with him, or football?
4) See 3) above.
5) 3 week ban for racism, WTF?

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Being successful, and being an odious obnoxious c*nt are not mutually exclusive.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
4) See 3) above.

Not entirely clear what point you're trying to make. The point is that Ferguson has double standards when it comes to respect and morality when it suits him and Manchester Utd.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
4) See 3) above.

And none of them were "banned for life", so what is your point other than having your tongue rammed up Utd's massive conglomerate backside?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Thank you for not saying the Roy Keane/Haaland incident, pisses me off when people think Keane ended Haalands career! (Was still a thugish thing to do though)

By "people" do you mean Haaland himself? It was him who implied the connection between that challenge and the knee injury that he tried but failed to recover from. No, he didn't get stretchered off from that challenge, never to play again. In fact he finished that game I believe, but isn't it also true that he never played a full match again? The tackle didn't snap anything there and then, but it's hard to ignore that it was a challenge on the knee that led to his retirement so very soon after. Oh, and Roy said he set out to hurt Haaland, which is surely far more disgraceful behaviour than refusing to shake hands with someone.

"I'd waited long enough. I f***ing hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you cvnt. And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries."

However you look at it, with or without the common misconception about the injury (you're right, most people probably do think he was stretchered off never to play again), that was a disgraceful incident from Fergies long-standing captain.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Not entirely clear what point you're trying to make. The point is that Ferguson has double standards when it comes to respect and morality when it suits him and Manchester Utd.

Well I wasn't trying to be cryptic, AF has the hump because Suarez got a tap on the wrist when his players got far worse punishments for their indiscretions, which IMO were no more serious, and one of them, not even a criminal offence.

And none of them were "banned for life", so what is your point other than having your tongue rammed up Utd's massive conglomerate backside?

Quite, but sadly the FA and footballing bodies in general don't have the balls to face up to players who behave in an unacceptable way, Cantona and Ferdinand should both have been banned from professional football for life, likewise Suarez, IMO. No tongues anywhere here, just applying some balance to the discussion.

Some people won't accept anything AF does or says as anything but heinous, personally, I admire him for his achievements as the greatest football manager in English football, and think he's a plum for some of the things he says. In the cases put forward here, I can't see how they can be construed as something to lambast AF for.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
In the cases put forward here, I can't see how they can be construed as something to lambast AF for.

I think the point is that you have pretty high moral standards yourself if you call on another club to have a played "banned for life£ for merely not shaking someones hand. Would Fergie apply a similar "ban for life" policy on his own players for various acts? It would seem not.

It's a bit like Wenger calling for players to be banned for life when one of his players gets a nasty leg break, but doesn't seem to feel the same way when an opponent breaks a leg in challenge from one of his own players.

People in glass houses .... should w+nk somewhere more private.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

I think the point is that you have pretty high moral standards yourself if you call on another club to have a played "banned for life£ for merely not shaking someones hand. Would Fergie apply a similar "ban for life" policy on his own players for various acts? It would seem not.

Racism is a disgusting smear on modern life, in this country and around the world, AF wasn't asking for him to be banned for not giving a handshake, it was a response to the pitiful punishment given to Suarez over the whole incident. Suarez refused to accept he had done anything wrong to start with, then smirked about the punishment he was given. Then he blatantly wanted to make a point in Saturday (the point that he still doesn't talk to blacks?), which only reinforced my opinion that he is a nasty racist. He (and Dalgleish) then only apologised after LFCs sponsors stepped in and told him to. How many more reasons do you need to want to see the back of Suarez in this country? What if he abuses Lua Lua on Sunday? Still happy that he shouldn't be banned for life? Or will an handshake make it all better for you?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
How many more reasons do you need to want to see the back of Suarez in this country? What if he abuses Lua Lua on Sunday? Still happy that he shouldn't be banned for life? Or will an handshake make it all better for you?

Woah there tiger. Just because people are pointing out a certain hypocrisy in Fergies high moral stance about opponents, when he would never accept suggestions of a "ban for life" for any of his players down the years and their various misdemeanours, does NOT equate to condoning Suarez and his actions.

For the record I think Suarez has acted very badly, and Liverpool have made the whole situation worse rather than better. neither player, not club, comes out of this with any credit whatsoever.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Woah there tiger. Just because people are pointing out a certain hypocrisy in Fergies high moral stance about opponents, when he would never accept suggestions of a "ban for life" for any of his players down the years and their various misdemeanours, does NOT equate to condoning Suarez and his actions.

For the record I think Suarez has acted very badly, and Liverpool have made the whole situation worse rather than better. neither player, not club, comes out of this with any credit whatsoever.

This.

Utd fans must be slightly gutted this whole issue is over with now. They can't hide behind faux outrage to use as a stick to beat Liverpool with anymore.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here