Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Female PA announcer

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Well to be quite honest, when the player went down, my immediate reaction was that it might have been Hemed, It occured in an area of the pitch normally frequented by a forward player, not a defender.

I had a quick look round, accounted for most of the players, and Hemed was one of those that l couldn't see.

So if she was wrong, I was wrong too. I say give her the benefit of the doubt, She's new to the job and inexperienced. She will get better.

I also thought that it was Hemed at first. Like you, it didn't take me long to work it out.

But when someone is being carried off on a stretcher, and you are the one who will be announcing their substitution, you make damn sure that you know exactly who it is before you say anything. And this has nothing to do with what gender you might be.

D

Deleted User X18H

image.png

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I also thought that it was Hemed at first. Like you, it didn't take me long to work it out.

But when someone is being carried off on a stretcher, and you are the one who will be announcing their substitution, you make damn sure that you know exactly who it is before you say anything. And this has nothing to do with what gender you might be.

Hey we all mistakes however hard we try not to, and to be fair to her she did very quickly correct it. She may very well of been nervous too which wouldn't have helped.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'd like to see a picture of her so that I can make a more ...er...rounded judgement, so to speak.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So one of them has managed to escape the kitchen for a few hours so what's the big deal?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
On the Hemed thing, it was at the exact opposite corner to the technical box and I'm pretty sure she'd have been given the info. Doesn't bother me either way though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here