Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feeling Ill

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
Has anyone ever lost their voice for more than a day? Mines been gone since Thursday night and now i am getting depressed.

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
No because everyone seems to me laid down with colds and flu at the moment and its manic. I had a look on nhs direct though and it appears to be acute laryngitis i have as i have a headache and slight fever as well. So i can't take anything for it all i can do is rest my voice... well that should keep the boyfriend happy.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
sunshine said:
No because everyone seems to me laid down with colds and flu at the moment and its manic. I had a look on nhs direct though and it appears to be acute laryngitis i have as i have a headache and slight fever as well. So i can't take anything for it all i can do is rest my voice... well that should keep the boyfriend happy.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Get well soon

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
sunshine said:
Has anyone ever lost their voice for more than a day? Mines been gone since Thursday night and now i am getting depressed.

Yes, mine went last week and you appear to have what I had. Basically just rest it, try not to speak too much, drink plenty of lemon and honey and consume fruit with high vitamin C content to stop your system running down. I'd also avoid noisy pubs and clubs as the smoke and the need to raise your voice because of the noise will damage it further.

Mine returned after a couple of days and have had no comebacks after a heavy week at work teaching!

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Is NSC Sunshines own doctors and holidays service? no disrespect dear but we do seem to get the "Anyone been to xxx, or do malaria tablets affect the pill...."

:blush: :lol:

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Sunshine did go in for an appointment, but they couldn't understand what they were trying to say so they got told to clear off and stop being a timewaster !!!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here