Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Federico Turienzo - signed !

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
"The Seagulls have agreed terms with 6ft 3in Argentinian hitman Federico Turienzo, formerly of Gimnasia La Plata.

The 22-year-old, who holds a Spanish passport, still has to undergo a medical and tie up personal matters before taking his first step into European football.

Seagulls striker Maheta Molango has already been told he is not part of Albion's plans and has scored four goals in three trial games for Lincoln, who are keen to take him on a free transfer to Sincil Bank.

Asked if Turienzo's likely arrival would mean the end for imposing frontman McCammon, Albion boss Mark McGhee said: "Not necessarily".

He must have impressed MM in training, as he didn't look that great against Lewes.

Stumpy Tim

I can't see Trolley fitting in now. It seems we have McPhee, Trolley & the new boy battling to be CKR's replacement when injured/suspended/rested. I wouldn't be surprised if this time next year neither Trolley or McPhee are with the club.

This lad looks like he fits the bill of young striker with a bit to learn. If he can learn the language & fit in then it sounds like he could be a good signing

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Turienzo has already had his medical per MM at the agm last night but his international clearance needs to be sorted out.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
will be interesting to see what happens tp mccammon now

havent seen this guy, but the way that mcghee was talking about him at the supporters club thingy last night sounds like he has got a lot he can offer

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
He didnt do much against Lewes to really catch my eye but he was a lot more interested than McCammon and actually ran to close people down!

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
He did seem to have a bit of skill on the deck and turned and ran at the Lewes dfence a few times. He didn't really work hard enough though to close down play - bearing in mind that MM places a great deal of importance on this. He looked OK in the air and can certainly hold it up and bring others into play.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
For some reason I ended up managing Gymnasia Y La Plata on FM, and he wasn't half bad....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sounds like a Lorenzo situation to me.

Anyone know the Argentine national Anthem

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
He looked very ordinary against Lewes. Very one footed, when through on goal had to check on to his right foot to get a shot in.
Looked to have a decent first touch though.
Could be better than big Mac....who I think is more dangerous than McFly, who looks a decent striker.......for Crawley!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
tommy boy said:
you can play the f***ing hong kong league- course you can play in argentina

:lolol: :lolol:

glorious! canada international manager is fun

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
Cheeky Monkey said:
Our Argentina kit was the deal clincher.....allegedly.

Probably the next best thing to an Argentinian shirt in his views. Let's hope he's better than some of the strikers we've got already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here