Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] February Half Term Family Holiday Destinations

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
You were lucky with that temp, Ive just come back from Tenergreif and it was that most days!

I'd take that! I think that's one of the good things about the Canaries ... the temperatures are very consistent year round, so nice warm winters and not the 40+ heat that the Med gets in summer.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thinking about 6 nights in Egypt in February

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As we can see from your "Easyjet" thread this works very well for you lol. Oh and buying off two different sites means you have no ATOL Financial Protection - but I see you love a credit note!

We have been doing this for the past 15 years book the flights direct with the airline and the accomodation through either booking.com, travel republic or holiday lettings. The only problem we have had was this recent one with Easyjet but I may have been partly at fault. If paid for by credit card you are covered under I think it is section 74 of the credit sales act.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Tenerife in February is generally a winner. Short flight, great people, food, constant nice weather.

We were lucky this year as they'd just had the worst weather there in over a decade but it turned out lovely for the nine days we had.

Probably go again this Feb half term.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
What about Costa Del Sol or Blanca very cheap to get to and cheap hotels if you book your flights and hotels yourself sperately on line. I always do this never use travel agents or package holidays.

Weather will be ok but it is getting expensive and in February most restaurants will be closed as that is when the owners take their holidays.

Same for Spain and Cyprus I'd say.

Warmth, short flight, low threat...

Morocco or Canaries I reckon.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
From looking at the climate data (of course I would) the Med is generally a little too cool for what I'd be looking for.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
We have been doing this for the past 15 years book the flights direct with the airline and the accomodation through either booking.com, travel republic or holiday lettings. The only problem we have had was this recent one with Easyjet but I may have been partly at fault. If paid for by credit card you are covered under I think it is section 74 of the credit sales act.

You're not covered if you book too far in advance. I think you have to travel within 3 months of booking.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just looked at Florida - blimey - that's expensive.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looking like we're going for Egypt - not booked yet, but either Sharm or Hurghada

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Looking like we're going for Egypt - not booked yet, but either Sharm or Hurghada

If you're going to be in Egypt in February, how the f*** are the rest of us going to know whether it's going to snow or not? :angry:

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If you're going to be in Egypt in February, how the f*** are the rest of us going to know whether it's going to snow or not? :angry:

I'll still have access to the Internet. I will still provide updates

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010

Beat me to it! It's ok though, Daily Express says El Ninio will provide with 6 ft covering of snow from next month until April.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here