Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Feargal Sharkey

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What a campaigner for water quality in this country. Outstanding on Newsnight tonight. What I’d give for him to front the Undertones live once more. Absolute legend.

That was fantastic.

He wasn’t interested in the flannel from successive governments about increased water testing. Instead the Environment Agency to start prosecuting these criminal acts.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good on him. It bamboozles my tiny mind that we live in a country in 2024 that routinely churns sewage into our rivers and seas whilst water companies make profits. I simply can't get my head around it.
It's because the people in charge are too busy making a stand against coloured cotton on a football to get involved with trivial shit such us keeping the water clean.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
It's because the people in charge are too busy making a stand against coloured cotton on a football to get involved with trivial shit such us keeping the water clean.
More like the people in charge intentionally whip up non-issues or issues that demonise the less fortunate so that the rich get away with everything they’re up to. See PPE contracts to the Tories mates as a good example.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
There's clearly something wrong in this country when the University Boat crews are told not to go in the Thames, cover any blisters up and wear footwear when launching the boats.

Increased testing is not working

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He’s been on this for years, he’s absolutely brilliant.
He has, and he is indeed. I’ve just been told that I’ve finally reached the top of the waiting list for a fishing club that has the rights to a stretch of the Lea that I’ve always wanted to fish. Turns out he’s the Chairman; I’d had no idea.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He has, and he is indeed. I’ve just been told that I’ve finally reached the top of the waiting list for a fishing club that has the rights to a stretch of the Lea that I’ve always wanted to fish. Turns out he’s the Chairman; I’d had no idea.
My Perch-fect Cousin!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ironically on the BBC Hampshire news app this morning, the day after their water pollution story, they’ve got a story about researchers are looking into a positive connection between treating depression and outdoor swimming.
Instead of spending your waking hours wading through shit you can swim through it instead. Worth a try I guess.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
What a campaigner for water quality in this country. Outstanding on Newsnight tonight. What I’d give for him to front the Undertones live once more. Absolute legend.
Fergal Sharkey is the sort of person the honours system should be for. Not Tory donors, "acquaintances" of Boris Johnson or KGB agents

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fergal Sharkey is the sort of person the honours system should be for. Not Tory donors, "acquaintances" of Boris Johnson or KGB agents
Campaigning tirelessly for a better environment is a bit woke though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He already has an OBE, but I agree with what you say.

I've listened to hours of his talks. He's good value. Very conscientious bloke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here