Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FDM on loan to Hull

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Just heard on SCR that Kuipers is off to Hull for a month as their keeper is injured. Fair enough, he must be pissed off sitting in the reserves. Still rate Roberts more though.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Superb. I go abck to uni on September the 13th and as Editor of the uni paper hav to interview peter taylor..might try and wangle one with Kuipers now as well.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Who do we have on the bench then? Do we have another keeper at the club?

Let's hope it doesn't become permanent, I rate Roberts as a better keeper but the place won't be the same without the FDM around.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tell me he'll be recalled instantly if Roberts gets injured :eek:
other than that it will be good for him to get back into the groove
at Hull.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
If this is true, I guess we will use Chris May as the back-up keeper but if anything happened to Roberts, we could re-call FDM at any time.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Well normally deal is you can recall them anytime. Dont know about Plymouth though. Hawesey also said that Danny is very doubtful and that Darius could be recalled anytime by Reading. Also Jones is out for 3 games so he said anyone with a kit gets a game!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
What a joke! How can we leave ourselves with a youth kiddy on the bench again, anyone remember how shit Packham was?

Say Roberts gets sent off in the first 5 minutes of a match? Great!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Guess that means Kello on the bench then. Strange thing to do if its true. Decent back up kepper is essential. What happens if Roberts is injured during a game?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Why the panic about a backup keeper on the bench, until this season didn't we regularly play without one?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Does seem strange but maybe SC wants FDM to get some matches under his belt and challenge Roberts. Obviously Roberts has been outstanding (IMO) so far this season and FDM just has'nt had a chance because Roberts has'nt slipped up or had a bad game.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
To be fair though, we will be cutting the wage bill and also it'll be what FDM wants. Getting 1st team games under his belt will be good for him and us if and when he is needed. Calculated gamble I guess - hope it doesn't backfire.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Why the panic about a backup keeper on the bench, until this season didn't we regularly play without one?

Good point. Micky hardly ever used one and there's always a player who can play a bit in goal if they do. Who'd go in for us? Pethick I reckon.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Gart Hart in goal it is then :nono:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The panic is that Roberts a liabilty running out of his goal all the time... He will get sent off this season i guarantee it... What happens then? Youth Team keeper?

I still prefer Kuipers to Roberts anyway...

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Trigger said:
The panic is that Roberts a liabilty running out of his goal all the time... He will get sent off this season i guarantee it... What happens then? Youth Team keeper?

I still prefer Kuipers to Roberts anyway...

Getting FDM match fit is worth the risk imo. Good move for him

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Fvcking crap, I hope this isn't the beginning of FDM leaving us. I can see this turning into a permanent move.:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here