I wanna hoo-ooome, Withdean's the worst trip
I've ever been on

:albion1:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
P.S I have never met a nice Man United fan from Manchester. Each encounter has seen them prove to be any from: smug, arrogant, patronising, deluded, gloating, graceless, obnoxious, bad-losing, (bad-winning!!!), ignorant, tedious, humourless.

I know loads of decent United fans up here. Proper fans who have followed the club for years, in the 80's when they were trailing in Liverpool's wake by a distance every season, to the modern day too. For all of Taggart's faults he at least has stayed loyal to the principles of attacking football.

They do have a contingent of clueless dickheads, but then so do we, as is demonstrated every time we have a 'big' cup game and many other occasions too.

FC are brilliant, those who make the snide comments should go to one of their fixtures. FC pay the lowest wages in their division, but they are holding their own and plan to have a proper home in a year or two, good luck to them. They were formed from egalitarian principles and are a throwback, an idiosynchrasy, but their hearts are in the right place, and the songs are magic.

I've lived in Manchester most of my life, you are either Red or Blue, it's a family thing, it's a where you are born thing, just like it is for most fans, a geographical accident. What the f*** do people expect Mancunians to do? Support Leeds just because the Glazers are twats and Martin Edwards was an opportunist who inherited the club and spent his time whoring when the club was on pre-season tours?

The difference between United and most other clubs is that United do have a high daytripper/gloryseeker coefficient amongst the fan base, but whether we like it or not football is no longer a sport, it is a commercial operation, and so marketing, brand extension etc is all part of the game.

If the Albion get a decent cup draw next season and I don't get a ticket, despite having paid my dues over the years, because someone in the 1901 Club has paid for the privilege then it's just tough shit for me, no point whining.

We've all sold our souls to the devil in relation to modern football, we nicked Swindon's captain because we offered him more money, same reason why Norwich took our skipper, what goes round comes round folks, so stop sneering, stop judging, and enjoy football for what it is worth, whatever that may be.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
But when you take into consideration Greater Manchester and Salford, where Old Trafford is located, then I bet it is a fair bit more.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
But when you take into consideration Greater Manchester and Salford, where Old Trafford is located, then I bet it is a fair bit more.

There are six other league teams in Greater Manchester and four of them haven't got a hope in hell of reaching the top flight. A shame that residents will be drawn towards the bigger teams.

I guess it works on a smaller scale elsewhere. A large proportion of our fans have probably never lived in Brighton.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Let's get it going at Hartlepool!

No!!!...Lots of clubs have this and we will just be copying them, we have been quite inventive recently, especially as Peterborough and Chartlon so let's leave this one to other clubs...Also, the song has been made even worse by Phil Brown belting it out over the tannoy at Hull City a couple of years back when they stayed up in the Premier League.

Oh and the song is utter, utter shit.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'd say that on the whole we have the whole of Sussex, a chunk of Kent and a slice of Surrey too. More so with success and THE AMEX

I'm not too sure about Kent and Surrey, but most of Sussex must be quite keen. I was thinking more along the lines of people turning their backs on their local clubs and going for the nearest league team.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I'd say that on the whole we have the whole of Sussex, a chunk of Kent and a slice of Surrey too. More so with success and THE AMEX

I have never lived in Brighton, but did spend most of my childhood about twenty miles from there...though I would say that if you went maybe ten miles further west, to say Petworth, then it was probably more Pompey than anyone else. However, I did once work with someone from Tunbridge Wells and he was an Albion fan, so the chunk of Kent stands up fairly well.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
P.S I have never met a nice Man United fan from Manchester. Each encounter has seen them prove to be any from: smug, arrogant, patronising, deluded, gloating, graceless, obnoxious, bad-losing, (bad-winning!!!), ignorant, tedious, humourless.
I must have been lucky because the Utd fans I have met from Mancchester have been just like other fans. I was so used to the smug attitiude of Utd fans NOT from Manchester that it was a pleasant surprise.

Naive question:

If the Glazers got the boot, would the FCUM fans start flocking back? What would become of FCUM?

I'm sure i've already given my pennyworth on this question, The Glazers were just the last piece of straw on this, Generally some United fans were fed up with the greed of the game, players quibbling over £100k a week while being charged a fortune to take the family in all seated sterile stadia being told what to do by untrained stewards etc, In a nutshell they wanted football to be fun, affordable and to watch player who played for the shirt and not the money.

the ESPN deal was an issue although the fans did vote to take part in the competition and adhere to the rules around it. As well as a vote it was also considered Rochdale's point as well as they need money too, When Rochdale contacted FC to suggest reducing admission prices FC accepted immediately despite an almost full house being predicted.

FC is a club going places, they'll be around long after the
Glazers have gone because there will always be fans who are fed up with being treated as mugs by thier own clubs and their overpaid 'superstars'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here