Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FC Saltzberg 10/1 to win tonight.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Errr... you're not reading the room very well; no-one gives a sh*t about how well Chelsea played. Just happy they didn't win...

I might be weird, but I'd like to see Potter do well. I find the whole 'snake' thing a bit odd. He was always next cab off the rank. Timing was shit, and it would have been good to keep Roberts and Bruno - but all the pain and anger (which i also hold a bit) comes from it being so good when he/they were here.

Look at it this way - he'd already said no to spurs - which meant that there were only 6 jobs (in theory) better than Brighton in the country - the rest of the top five, and England national team. Even if he had stayed, we were not staying fourth.... so his stock was highest at this exact point.

Bloom will just get someone else who is as promising as GP and back them. It's not rocket science.

And as for wishing him ill/good. I go good. The last three years were an absolute pleasure... and from march onwards this year, stuff i could never comprehend.

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
Since the Leicester game I‘ve gone on a magical journey through the five stages of Ecstasy, Denial, Anger, More Anger and Schadenfreude.
Five stars. Would recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So now I don't get football and not a 'proper' fan because a manager took an opportunity too good to refuse and I'm not slagging him off?

What about if we do that to another club? Disrupt their season and leave them in the sh1t? Anyone who understands anything about football understands thats the nature of the beast. Those with bigger teeth, bite the hardest.

For those who blame him for Bruno and Roberts leaving, they didn't have to say yes and go did they? It's not like Potter held a gun to their head. They did exactly the same thing as Potter did. Saw an better opportunity and took it.

There's a majority who are now resigned to us falling down the table and getting relegated. In my eyes, the club is bigger than Potter, Bruno and Roberts. After all, Tony and Paul always have a plan and get most things right and I trust they will with this situation.

Like I say, good luck to the bloke, just not against us.

Think a few need to get some perspective.

Looking forward to the incoming abuse...

Football, unlike other sports has always been to love a club and dislike a smattering of others for various reasons.

Chelsea forever there or thereabouts at the top of the tree of dislike. Racist, thuggish, spitting fans, the club of tiny gates who later bought success through the crooked money of Putin’s mate. Apart from one or two cleverly quiet Chelsea second-club fans here, people don’t care for them one bit, it adds to the feelings.

Taking Bruno, Roberts and Macaulay in a flash took orchestration by someone. Private conversations were had. Ripping the heart out of Bloom’s staff mid season.

This is an Albion forum, not a Potter For Life forum (he was only with us three years), understandably people wish Chelsea ill. A common viewpoint I’ve heard is that people hope he’s a success in his second job after us.

Last edited:

luge

Dec 18, 2010
So now I don't get football and not a 'proper' fan because a manager took an opportunity too good to refuse and I'm not slagging him off?

What about if we do that to another club? Disrupt their season and leave them in the sh1t? Anyone who understands anything about football understands thats the nature of the beast. Those with bigger teeth, bite the hardest.

For those who blame him for Bruno and Roberts leaving, they didn't have to say yes and go did they? It's not like Potter held a gun to their head. They did exactly the same thing as Potter did. Saw an better opportunity and took it.

There's a majority who are now resigned to us falling down the table and getting relegated. In my eyes, the club is bigger than Potter, Bruno and Roberts. After all, Tony and Paul always have a plan and get most things right and I trust they will with this situation.

Like I say, good luck to the bloke, just not against us.

Think a few need to get some perspective.

Looking forward to the incoming abuse...

I'm with you on this. Not happy that they have gone, and it hurt to see them at chelsea tonight... but you know what, if they weren't here in the first place, would we be 4th? And we clearly not staying 4th either. We have it in us to **** it up, like Fulham (a).

I directed a film for the BBC about Liverpool and their 30 year wait for the title. I interviewed several key people from those decades, and the main thing i learnt was that managers get brought in to do a specific job, which is rarely shared with fans. I was privileged enough to spend a few hours with Houllier - his last interview- where he talked through changing a whole philosophy, way of acting and thinking - and the time he spent working WITH benitez to carry that on, despite losing his job. Potter was brought in to do many things, and he overachieved with our league position, in the end. The next person does not have to change a culture, and a way of thinking.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'm with you on this. Not happy that they have gone, and it hurt to see them at chelsea tonight... but you know what, if they weren't here in the first place, would we be 4th? And we clearly not staying 4th either. We have it in us to **** it up, like Fulham (a).

I directed a film for the BBC about Liverpool and their 30 year wait for the title. I interviewed several key people from those decades, and the main thing i learnt was that managers get brought in to do a specific job, which is rarely shared with fans. I was privileged enough to spend a few hours with Houllier - his last interview- where he talked through changing a whole philosophy, way of acting and thinking - and the time he spent working WITH benitez to carry that on, despite losing his job. Potter was brought in to do many things, and he overachieved with our league position, in the end. The next person does not have to change a culture, and a way of thinking.

Fulham was fcked up by Potter....no one else. Trying to be too clever. Overthinking things again.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fulham was fcked up by Potter....no one else. Trying to be too clever. Overthinking things again.

You may as well say winning away at Spurs was fcked up by Potter. End of the day v Spurs the players executed the plan, v Fulham they didn't. Don't remember anyone saying he was trying to be too clever after Spurs.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oh my days….

Repeat

We’ve done this to death, we all in the cold light of day, recognise the great job he did while here, we are nearly all over him leaving and taking the prized jewels in Bruno & Roberts.

What’s left…

To have a laugh when it goes tits up, big six, calling us out for a smattering of booing at one game.

And then his first game at home, booing and abuse on line, that’s what he wanted big six….

It’s funny, enjoy it.

Exactly. Really didn’t like Chelsea before any of this happened. I shall now take even greater delight in any misfortune they might encounter. It’s a bit of pantomime fun for now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here