Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FC Basle vs Tottenham

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Oh well, Spurs can go back to concentrating on finishing fifth in the league.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Friedel looked about 60 in that shoot-out. Without Bale Tottenham look ordinary. Defensive gaffes killed Spurs home and away.

Dandyman

In London village.
Unlucky Spurs. No dishonour is going out to a fine Basle team.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Adebayor was pathetic tonight. Walked around, never looked bothered and was never going to score the penalty. No motivation at all.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Adebayor's pen was one of the 20 worst I've ever seen. In "bicycling" his legs in his run up the only person he put off was himself. He then lost his timing and proceeded to pass it to Row Z. Then he smiled. ****.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
doubt they're that fussed....qualifying for the champions league is higher on their priority list without doubt

They were very bothered.
Played a strong team throughout the tournament, got a hard on by knocking out a much-in-decline Inter, and their fans talked of it being a top 3 PL finish and a nice bit of silverware in the cabinet the Europa Cup.

Things have slightly gone awry lately with those 2 arrogant assertions. :lol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What fans have you been talking to? Not the same ones as me, who acknowledge without Bale things were always likely to go tits up, especially with the awful Adebayor as the only available striker.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Basel are a good side and have alot of good Swiss players, with some foreigners mixed in. Alot of them come through the youth system, they are a selling club to the top teams in bigger leagues and they don't have millions to spend. They have decent support and with good management a working productive youth system, good scouting network, they are an example to alot of leagues that you don't need to be in Europes top 5 leagues to compete. Basel have been around the group stages of the Champions League and Europa for the last 6-7years. Good luck to them!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Adebayor was pathetic tonight. Walked around, never looked bothered and was never going to score the penalty. No motivation at all.

That scumbag was the only player who didn't come over to us at the end of the game. If I had a gun I'd shoot him, and then shortly afterwards the gunman in Angola who couldn't hit the piece of shit.

Nice place, good trip, roll on Europa League next season. :rave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here