Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Fawlty Towers reboot.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Hopefully the result of a slow news day and a reporter putting two and two together and making 5.

John Cleese maybe knocking on, had an expensive divorce but he’s still got his faculties and knows what to do and not what to do.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The original was the lampooning and pisstaking of a man at odds with the world around him.

Not sure where Cheese will find inspiration for such a character these days.

I wonder if this one will now focus on lampooning the world that the old man feels so at odds in.

I can't see it being any good.

Stewart Lee's line 'gradually decreasing the quality of your own obituary' springs to mind here.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Hopefully the result of a slow news day and a reporter putting two and two together and making 5.

John Cleese maybe knocking on, had an expensive divorce but he’s still got his faculties and knows what to do and not what to do.
I dunno. Sounds pretty developed to me if you read the story:

The new series will explore how Cleese’s over-the-top, cynical and misanthropic Basil Fawlty navigates the modern world. Plot details are largely being kept under wraps but the development will bring the story forward to explore Basil’s relationship with a daughter he has just discovered he had, as the pair tempt fate and team up to run a boutique hotel.
The Cleeses have joined with Reiner’s Castle Rock on the development, with Reiner, Michele Reiner, Derrick Rossi and Matthew George exec producing.

John Cleese praised George’s “understanding of the ‘creative process'” and described their first meeting as “one of the best creative sessions I can remember.”

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
When was the last comedy you enjoyed made? I find comments like these really odd because I still find plenty of good comedy to enjoy.

Although I will admit that the whole, taking the piss out of minorities and stereotypes thing never really did it for me.
These days, if you say you're English, you'll be attested and thrown in jail....

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Attachments

• 21947662-0-image-m-3_1575741492191.jpg
    21947662-0-image-m-3_1575741492191.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 26

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Article also says This Is Spinal Tap sequel is in the works.

Hmmm

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Hitting his car with twigs cos it won't work was funny to me in my youth.
I was always hoping for a happy resolution until the music credits happened at the end of each episode:)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He's all 'anti-woke' now, isn't he? It wouldn't surprise me if this was just an elaborate way of him - and people that share his views - to say "You can't say anything anymore" when it fails to get any traction.

Can't these people just leave things alone? Have a new idea FFS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here