• Marcus Wareing

• Gordon Ramsey

Results are only viewable after voting.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Like Nigel Slater, whose recipes create food that is better than most chefs.
I really like his recipes, but cannot stand the way he comes across and therefore can't watch him on the TV without wanting to put my foot through the screen.
The same applies to Nigella Lawson - I just can't see why she sends so many blokes giddy. She's the cooking equivalent of Julian Clary with her OTT innuendo and knowing looks - GET OFF MY SCREEN YOU F***ING MORON.

Maybe it's just a Nigel thing? ???

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Going against the grain of a Crodo thread with a proper answer, I'd probably go for Tom Kerridge.

His recipes are quite the faff to make, even though they seem unpretentious at first glance but The Hand & Flowers is excellent. He was actually there 2 out of the 3 times I've been, which may have been luck but is more than can be said for a lot of the chefs with their name above the restaurant door... He was very chatty and cheerful and seemed to genuinely get on with his staff.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I really like his recipes, but cannot stand the way he comes across and therefore can't watch him on the TV without wanting to put my foot through the screen.
The same applies to Nigella Lawson - I just can't see why she sends so many blokes giddy. She's the cooking equivalent of Julian Clary with her OTT innuendo and knowing looks - GET OFF MY SCREEN YOU F***ING MORON.

Maybe it's just a Nigel thing? ???
Same. I have most of his books but can’t bring myself to watch him on TV.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Same. I have most of his books but can’t bring myself to watch him on TV.
With his books I have to skip the intro to his recipes as I can't help but read it in his smug voice... Just shows how good they are that I even bother

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Going against the grain of a Crodo thread with a proper answer, I'd probably go for Tom Kerridge.

His recipes are quite the faff to make, even though they seem unpretentious at first glance but The Hand & Flowers is excellent. He was actually there 2 out of the 3 times I've been, which may have been luck but is more than can be said for a lot of the chefs with their name above the restaurant door... He was very chatty and cheerful and seemed to genuinely get on with his staff.
His homemade Chicken Kiev's are fantastic - as you say a little fiddly but worth the effort.

Went to a food and music festival in Preston Park last year. Pissing down but he was still doing a BBQ cooking demonstration - Mrs WS was quite star struck when she managed to corner him for a chat and get a few photos - nice guy. Buggered if I can remember what he cooked as the only real memory I have of the evening is the Sugarbabes live on stage !!!! 😍

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Gregg Wallace is a salesman not a cook

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Gregg Wallace is a salesman not a cook
I think you mean a multi-married (sometimes to women FAR younger than him), bankrupt ex-greengrocer ( not that there's anything wrong with any of that ! ).

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
A good chef always needs to know a good fisherman, and this is a classic haul. :bowdown:
Fishing it might be but it's a darn sight more entertaining than watching the Albion at the moment.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight

By the size of him now, he obviously didn’t rate his own how to lose weight book!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
By the size of him now, he obviously didn’t rate his own how to lose weight book!
Has he put a bit of timber back on then?

He was enormous, but lost over 10 stone IIRC. I doubt he's out that much back on, but happy to be corrected.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I was interested, so I looked it up.

No mention of him putting weight back on there (from Feb), so what made you think he has?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports